PDA

View Full Version : Says..No sound card

tom morgan
August 24th, 2001, 08:37 AM
After having to do a QUICK RESTORE on my computer and reloading my MTU software, When I try to play my karaoke disc I get a message...You have no sound card... I know I do have one.Thanks for any help
Tom

danny_g
August 24th, 2001, 11:48 AM
are you sure your drivers are there? Check them by going into system by clicking settings then control panel then system then device manager then sound, video, game controllers. If your sound card does not come up you need to reinstall the drivers to your sound card.

Brian Corr
August 24th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Another thing to watch out for is having another prog open that is using the sound card. This can sometimes make the pc come up with the NO SOUND CARD message

tom morgan
August 24th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Thanks fellows...Someone at mtu helped me get It working.
When I reloaded my progran I had not loaded the aspi thing..I only loaded the mtu file..It's not very clear that you should have to do this..Thanks again
Tom

Ramblin
October 17th, 2001, 11:47 AM
I am also having problems with the "No sound card" message coming up. I see that it may be that I did not load my ASPI. Can anyone tell me where or how to load that? Thanks.

MTUSUPPORT
November 5th, 2001, 12:05 PM
The resolution to this problem is that the DirectX must be upgraded to version 8.0 or you can recieve this error message. For instructions on how to check the version of DirectX on your computer and how to upgrade it, please go to http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=772