PDA

View Full Version : Copying Sound Choice Newest CDGs

vlester
August 22nd, 2001, 11:12 AM
Hello all, I have a Plexwriter CDG burner along with the Microstudios software and everything has been working great until yesterday. I went to copy some of my newer Soundchoice Spotlight CDG's and I get a message stating that the disk cannot be analyzed because the software does not support multiple sessions !!!! I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this with Soundchoice CDGs ?? I put in an older Soundchoice CDG and it copied just fine. Makes you wonder if they did this to make copying their CDGs more difficult.

Thanks in advance.
Van.

Cid_cat
August 22nd, 2001, 11:27 AM
MTU cannot respond to your post but if you do some looking around, you'll find your answer to recording multi-session discs.

Good luck.

MTUSUPPORT
August 22nd, 2001, 11:36 AM
This is a new security that SC has implemented. Their new discs can't be duplicated. You might try using the Import Tracks Tab.

Darlene
September 18th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Yes the New Soundchoices have Separate Videos in the beginning to keep them from being copied. We've also run into this problem

Dan R. Johnson
September 26th, 2001, 10:51 PM
I'm finding that I can't even play the newer Sound Choice disks on my computer. I recently purchased SC8705 and find that it cannot be read by my Yamaha, Plextor, or Sony drives. I receive an Error MsgBox indicating "Error: Reading TOC". All other discs I have work fine. The disk plays in my JVC Karaoke machine.

They've taken the security issue to the extreme that one cannot use their disks on a PC. I didn't mind the nagware logo popup on previous disks, but not being able to play them at all is a little much. Anyone experience the same problem and/or have a solution. I'm using Microstudio version 2.311.

MTUSUPPORT
September 27th, 2001, 12:25 PM
The easiest fix to this, is to not buy this brand of discs anymore. Show that company that your not happy with them, and spend your money elsewhere, with respectable companies. This is my suggestion.

We have no explanation on how to do anything to make this work, so for now you won't be able to use those discs.

Doubletrak
September 28th, 2001, 07:51 AM
So, Mr. Cox, does that mean you'll download to me a copy of all the MTU products? For free, of course. Based on your post, that would seem to be the "respectable" thing to do.

It's okay if they're copies and not right out of the box. I can't wait to get started. Thanks.

MTUSUPPORT
September 28th, 2001, 10:24 AM
No, but we'll be glad to sell you the products, some of the package deals can save you up to $70.

George
September 29th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Been giving this one some thought. I guess what I'm pondering on would all depend on the placement and type of codes Sound Choice has installed. I can't help but wonder if it would not be possible to dub each track individually(to preserve separate track integrity) over to a cassette tape, then dub them back to a cd, all as audio tracks. Seems this would bypass cd to cd duplication.
Once this was done they could be processed through KHP to make cdg's out of them again. Depending on the quality of the cassette player, sacrifice in sound quality could be very negligible,
if any. I don't have one of the Sound Choice cdg's in question, or I'd have tried this out before posting. If anybody out there's game to take the time to try it, please let us know the results.
Seems like this would have to work considering all the Karaoke players there are out there that have built in cassettes.

Take care all,

George

Darlene
September 29th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Why not copy to a Minidisc first (you save the quality of the music this way, it's still digital --- no hiss) and then go back to cd???

George
September 29th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Possibly so, would all depend whether or not the coding would treat all discs the same whether cd or mini disc. The reason I thought about cassetes is because a jillion Karaok players come equipped with cassettes so's one can record themselves. I'd hate to think Sound Choice would be stupid enough to render them all useless. Regarding cassettes, it's all going to depend on the particular machine as to the hiss level. cassettes have been catagorized as all having a loud hiss level, which just is not so. My Yamaha almost defies you to hear any hiss level. You very well may be right though regarding mini disc dubbing. I don't have one, or would certainly give it a try. I don't have one of the questionable SC cdg's to try out the tape theory either. Just speculating & hoping somebody sees this and tries it out.

Take Care,

George

Brian Corr
September 30th, 2001, 04:34 AM
Sunfly tried using this multi-layer technique before to stop people copying there discs. It back fired as a lot of the older CDG machines could not play them. So they had to backtrack and return to the normal standard.

I also hear that even normal audio cd's are going to structured in such a way that they can't be played on a PC. I think this will back fire on the record companies. Lots of people now use PC's and laptops to listen to music as they work.

You may find Sound Choice will have to relent if their products won't work on older CDG machines.

George
September 30th, 2001, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I believe you're right on. Same thing happened in the video tape movie industry.The most popular method they came out with was Macrovision, caused goofy things to occur in the copy.Wasn't long before you could buy "video stabilizers" which cancelled out Macrovision. Same thing will probably happen here if this type of protection lasts. Sad part though, we direct our wrath at the wrong people. It's the "pirates" who cause all of this, and the cdg manufacturers and us bear the brunt of all of the backlash. What SoundChoice needs to hear is there are enough of us who will not buy a product that can't be backed up as protection against damage to seriously affect their revenue. I know I won't buy one if faced with the prospect of having to buy another in case of damage.Well, I've digressed enough for this time.

Take care,

George

George
October 12th, 2001, 09:32 AM
HI guys...came across a site yesterday that markets software called "CD Writer Utilities 2000". Here's a direct quote from their material "NOW YOU CAN COPY "UNCOPYABLE" CD'S EASILY."
They go on to claim ability to rip VCD's to a hard drive, etc.
Sells for $12.00, and might bear looking into. Dunno if it's good or not. Anybody's guess, but may be worth spending $12.00 for if you're already looking at an investment in Sound Choices you can't even back up.
Don't know how it would work with CDG, but if push comes to shove one could extract the audio tracks then process them through KHP and re-create them as cdg.

The site is www.direction.com

Take care,

George

danny_g
October 12th, 2001, 04:44 PM
anyone got a vidoe capture card and a cdg player lol. convert then to VCD 0or even take your cdg player through the line in and you have your audio you can recreate the cdg's agin using KHProducer. either way you get around the Cdg protection.

George
October 12th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Yeah Danny_G that's along the same line I was eluding to earlier when I suggested simply recording the tracks to tape (or some other media) dubbed from a karaoke player, then processing through KHP. Seems like it should work.

Take Care

George

Darlene
October 12th, 2001, 06:44 PM
minidisc players now have "optical in" & "optical out". You can back up your cdg's by using this technique. It works great. You don't lose anything, because it's all digital.

dpreeves
November 17th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Oh, there may be a way to break the SC anti-copy curse. Inquire at tangman69@hotmail.com for a suggestion.

phatripper
January 2nd, 2005, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys! I too was slapped in the face by Sound Choice. So I pulled out ***** by *******. This program will convert and rip anything. I simply went to the Media Manager and clicked on the CD+G tab, and bam! All the tracks came up, along with a rather suspicious/lame track entitled "datatrack."

*****'s interface is tarded, but I assure you all the stuff you need is there.

Have no fear, I'll be banishing this track from any burns ... to keep the world safe for us.
Cheers.

quaizywabbit
January 4th, 2005, 03:35 PM
when i absolutely have to, i use clonecd and daemon tools(a virtual drive) to get past all the crap.it selects the correct TOC on the disk and extracts an image of the disc(minus the crap) then mount with daemon tools. Its slow...but it gets there.

nashjar
March 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I've tried to find this using search engines, but so far nothing. I've even tried to guess at the company's website, but no luck.

Can you point me as to where I can find this software? Thanks!

Karaoke John
July 14th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Isn't Sound Choice A pirate too? I read somewhere else on the forums that SC has been taken to court. Also read that Karaoke Bay is the only one that pays the royaltys and Synch fees. I personally am boycotting SC till they make it easy to import their disks, and maybe come down in price. They are the costliest disks out there. Now the cost isn't worth the inconvience no matter how good the sound quality. When push comes to shove we can make our own disks using original sound tracks. I haven't gone that route yet but "It's a coming".:w Of course I am still waiting for the Long version of In-a-gadda-da-vida on Karaoke too! :g

John

wackyquack
July 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Hi all;

I read this thread while I was at work today and now that I'm home I've gotta tell ya I just imported SC8923 (newest Country Spotlight 6/05) without a problem. Now I will tell you it is Multisession so you can't use the duplicate disc tab, but you can use the import tracks tab just like any other multisession disc that SC has put out. Now the disc I think that was mentioned earlier was from the 8700 series which I believe SC was using Mediclog which they stopped doing. I'm not going to rehash how to get all the tracks there is multiple threads that do this already. Good Luck, but I still am going strong.

BooBoo
July 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I just purchased a SC with the newest protection. I wrote to them and told them, "good luck with this new protection but I think it will cost you much more than you will gain"
I BUY all my disks. I use them at home for my personal use. Big deal if I want to play them on my computer!
Let's blitz write them and let them know how we feel!

wackyquack
July 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I just purchased a SC with the newest protection. I wrote to them and told them, "good luck with this new protection but I think it will cost you much more than you will gain"
I BUY all my disks. I use them at home for my personal use. Big deal if I want to play them on my computer!
Let's blitz write them and let them know how we feel!

BooBoo, what disc did you just buy that you can't import? Just curious.

BooBoo
July 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM
BooBoo, what disc did you just buy that you can't import? Just curious.

I purchased the 8721

wackyquack
July 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
BooBoo;

I would have guess it was something from the 8700 series. That is when they were using Mediclog. SC has since stopped that because not only were they not playing in computer(as they wanted) they also were not able to be used in some players either. So they stopped. It is my understanding, SC has also said any disk with that protection on it can be returned for the disc without protection if available.

BooBoo
July 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM
BooBoo;

I would have guess it was something from the 8700 series. That is when they were using Mediclog. SC has since stopped that because not only were they not playing in computer(as they wanted) they also were not able to be used in some players either. So they stopped. It is my understanding, SC has also said any disk with that protection on it can be returned for the disc without protection if available.

Ah so this is not new protection, but older protection that they will replace? Yes, it has Mediclog protection. I may have to give them a call! Thanks so much for the info.. :)