PDA

View Full Version : Work around for AMD K6 Processors - Maybe: very technical

Steven Engelson
August 22nd, 2001, 05:05 AM
Have fix for AMD K6 processors. Resample the wav file at 32000. This will eliminate the skipping problem. This does reduce the high end responce of the wav file but I couldn't hear the difference. I used a shareware program to do this, check out zdnet.com. After your voice removal is complete resample the file once again and bring it back to 44100 the standard for recording CD'S. Put your money back in your wallet, no new equipment is required.

admin
August 23rd, 2001, 12:53 PM
Very ingenious idea and means to accomplish it!

Be Careful! To change the sample rate with any kind of quality requires very powerful signal processing computations and filtering. There is a high probability that the resulting 32KHz file will be damaged so that Vogone will not work as well. We have shipped sample rate conversion software since 1986 and know the power required behind this function. It is unlikely that the two channels are processed absolutely identically. Thus, some loss in vocal reduction ability can be expected... i.e. it is doubtful if Vogone 2 will work as well with sample rate converted files.

You expressed (by phone) displeasure with Vogone 2's performance. I would expect it to now work as well with sample rate converted files. I will be waiting to hear if you have better success with any songs that you SR convert. :w