PDA

View Full Version : Requesting software: "Vogone PRO"

thewebcrawler
August 19th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Dear ADMIN:

I'd like to request that you create Vogone PRO
Something that will remove "ALL" reverb and echo tracks and anything else related to the Artists Voice !"

Due to unsuccessful attempts at using Vogone 1 and 2 with "ALL" music CD's from the following Latin Artists from the late 1990's:

Victor Manuelle,Elvis Crespo, La Makina, Grupo Mania, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, Chayanne, Barrio Boyz, Enrique Iglesias, Giro, Carlos Ponce, DLG, Luis Damon

Which are from the following music companies:
Sony Discos, Fonovisa, WEA Latin, EMI Latin

A Total of 60 WAV files that were unsuccessful with Vogone 1 and 2

Only 1 song reduced vocals decently: Artist "DLG" Song "No Morira" using Vogone 1
Vogone 2 left more background music "GOOD" - but left in more vocals "NOT GOOD"

If it "REALLY WORKS" with my CD's I'll be VERY happy to pay more money - $1000 or MORE if need be

Thank you
Samir Salame
Chicago, IL
thewebcrawler@netzero.net
:)

admin
August 19th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Having said that, keep on breathing normally (i.e. don't hold your breath) because I don't want any dead clients on my conscious. :w

ltproductions
September 8th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Having read the numerous posts citing the dissatisfaction with products such as Vogone 1 & 2, Dart, etc., I offer an alternative for all you purists out there. I think most of you now understand that vocal elimination technology has pretty much reached it's limits. I would suggest that you try using midi files and adding the text with KHPro. There are tons of midi files on the net either free or for a price (Try www.musicrobot.com). The price is not prohibitive. The quality of some of these midi sequences is not always the best, but with a good sequencing program such as Cakewalk or Cubase, you can edit the files to your liking. I don't know if I can post the following on this forum, if I'm out of line someone please let me know. I have many midi files available myself, and I do my own midi sequencing. I pride myself with making high quality midi sequences, and try to make the song as close to the original as possible. If you are in need of some custom files my services are available:g . I do Spanish songs as well. You can contact me at ltproductions@webuniverse.net.

P.S. Until now, I've only done this for myself and a few friends.
Does anyone out there know if there are any legal ramifications for this?:?

danny_g
September 9th, 2001, 08:48 PM
midi is great if the only place you are going to use it is at home and no one else is gonna hear it but you. why pay for a cdg creating program when you can run a free midi karaoke at home on your PC. they make midi karaoke editers for the pc too.
To not look like a fool you need to either invest in a vocal eliminator or have your own band that is able to lay down the tracks for your karaoke creations. Since I don't have a band and can not play a multitude of instruments myself I will opt for a devocalizing program. Oh and I am more than willing to take vocal reduction over having to sing over the full volumed vocals of a cd.

ltproductions
September 10th, 2001, 11:39 PM
As I stated in my earlier post, the suggestion was for the people that are not satisfied with vocal reduction. As for the midi files, you are correct that pc karaoke is out there and for the most part is limited to home use. However, I am a musician and perform with a laptop(to play my midi files), a Roland Sound Canvas tone module(also for the midi files), my 2 keyboards, sound system, and 1 or 2 background singers. I achieve excellent results and have quite a following in my neck of the woods. My point being that, just as I use my midi files for semi-live performance, they can also be used for karaoke. All you have to do is convert the midi files into wave files, add your lyrics with KHPro, and you're ready to go! Granted, the quality of the midi files is critical!!! My Roland Sound Canvas has served me well and I'm very satisfied with the realistic sounding sound patches(Roland Audio Production card-RAP10- in my computer). A lesser sound card installed in your computer will yield results that sound like a toy at best. I also have the capability to add background vocals to the midi files using Cakewalk Pro Audio. Using these components, I've produced karaoke songs that actually sound BETTER than some commercial karaoke disks that I have purchased, especially in the Latin genre. Again, these are only suggestions for those of you out there that are perfectionists, as am I! If anyone needs some pointers as to the specifics ie., hardware, software, techniques, etc., of how to turn out great sounding karaoke songs give me a holler at ltproductions@webuniverse.net. I'll be happy to give you some pointers. If you don't have the time , finances, or musical knowledge, I can also produce the songs for you myself:w .