PDA

View Full Version : Vocal elimination

Garry A. Leslie
August 18th, 2001, 04:39 PM
As a new user if Vogone 1 I buy it they upgrade it!
I have been doing some old ballads by Bing Crosby with unexpected and rewarding results. But I have found that some times the voice remains unaltered and on others the whole disc appears to have been eliminated. Is this normal?
I have read everything published in these forums and fully realise the short comings of voice elimination
Incidently can someone tell me what the password you should use to upgrade to 2 I have used the origibal password I was given when I bought 1 but that doesn;t work
Garry

danny_g
August 19th, 2001, 01:45 PM
gary,
you need to go to the store and purchase the upgrade to VOgone 2. It's $60. and you need to do it soon as you'll have to buy the full copy after the first. Be advised that there is some question as to if it will run on an AMD k6 mahine. I personally think that the problem may be the memory rather than the processor.

admin
August 19th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Garry... please do pay attention to this. We will not continue the $60 special beyond this month.

If all the audio in a song disappears, then the song was recorded monaural (most older songs were recorded 1-channel) and a mix engineer bridged (duplicated) it to both channels to make it stereo, which is required to place it on an Audio CD. In this case, since all sounds are absolutely identical on both channels, they will exactly cancel each other, creating total silence. You are not loosing your mind... or your ears. :w

danny_g, I spoke with our programmer on the AMD K6 again. The K6 has 32KBytes of CACHE memory, which is double what the Pentium 2 had. We developed Vogone on a Pentium 2 initially, so we know it runs in 16KBytes of Cache. In the event you were not speaking of the CACHE RAM, we do recommend at least 128MB of system RAM in the computer. Less than this might cause a problem. However, the fact that the K6/K62 only has a 1-pipeline floating point processor versus all other CPU chips (P2, P3, Celeron, Duron, Athelon) have 4-pipeline parallel-procssing floating point processors - AND the fact that Vogone is chock-full of floating point computations - leads us to our diagnosis. Thanks for asking your question so I got deeper info on this. :w

danny_g
August 30th, 2001, 12:28 AM
based on thios info I have started to build myself a bigger and better machine at a much lower cost than I would have paid if I had bought one already made. Just need a couple of items and it will be complete. lets see i have a motherboard with sound card, as far as I can tell it's not onboard, that can handle an intel pentium III CPU up to 1 GHZ, an intel Celeron 700 mhz CPU w/ fan, 128 MB of RAM and a diamond Viper 550 video card w/ TV out. Add to that my HP8100 cdwriter, my ethernet card with DSL modem, a new case with power supply and cooling fan and a 40 GIG Harddrive and I am going to have one kicking unit that will make me enjoy making my CDG karaoke songs like a pig in mud. Because this is going to take me until November to finish, I'll have to wait until December to get Vogone 2. Maybe Vogone 3 or vogone pro will be in the beginning stages lol.