PDA

View Full Version : ADMIN: Should I upgrade from v2.104 to v2.210?

CalHosea
April 18th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I have had the full version of v2.104 for several years. I am not entirely pleased enough it to perform with it, I think it leaves too much of the original vocals, but I know that song selection has alot to do with that. Is the newer version upgrade for $15 enough of an advancement over the older version to warrant acquiring, or is it just a bug and compatibility upgrade?

admin
April 18th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Wait for 3.002 to release. It is a major overhaul "under the hood". Beta testers are reporting far superior results.

Usually, too much vocal left behind is not vocal, but the reverb echo the mix engineer applied. I devoc'd a song, verified the original vocal was very much removed, but the reverb was about 80%. The "ghost" echo was almost as loud as the original vocal, so this was not very helpful.

Doing reverb removal for artistic purposes (versus forensic noise removal) has never been done to our knowledge. We are looking at it, but the cost to tackle this is... well, daunting.

We'll see how Vogone 3.0 sells before we commit to go further on reverb cancellation.

CalHosea
April 19th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Thank you for the expert reply. very helpful and informative!!!!

admin
April 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
We have released Vogone 3.002 at $99.99. Monday, we EXPECT to email a Discount Coupon to existing Vogone owners to buy at $39.95. This will provide a new Registration Code, as many Vogone users have our older Serial number which won't install Vogone 3.

However, there may be an installation problem as some of our beta testers, when installing the release version, are having difficulty installing and running. We may have released too early.

FYI: We converted the Vogone 3.0 SOURCE CODE to compile under Microsoft's "latest and greatest" VisualStudio.NET development environment. However, it appears to require TWO new DLL components in our installation package, but they don't tell us that!

VOGONE 3.0 SOFTWARE DEMO

I am up early to test our new Vogone 3.002 DEMO. This is the FIRST time we have ever provided a SOFTWARE demo of Vogone. We are paranoid not to give away an EXTREMELY VALUABLE product, yet have it do enough to give the user an idea of how good a job it does.

In 1999, all 4 of our products were hacked and put on web sites around the world. It took us 2.5 years to recover. Demos that run for 30 days and quit, or process x songs and end... are EASY to hack so they run without these restrictions.

Several years ago, immediately after releasing our DNoise demo, sales stopped dead! :e The hampering was not significant enough, allowing the demo to be fully useable. We had been developing and selling DNoise since 1982. It was a major lesson I'll never forget!

We expect to release the Vogone 3.002 demo for testing this week. We need to insure EVERYONE can install and run it without problems.

Yes I am paranoid about a Vogone demo! However, I realize we must provide a demo to expose how poorly the other products work in comparison.