PDA

View Full Version : Vogone2 Observation - stops playing before file end

timothy
August 17th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Gentlemen,

I have observed the following on both v2.011.

When playing a wav file the tale end of the song gets chopped off. This has occurred on every song I have tried thus far. And it occurs on songs I bring onto my hard disc with MicroSudio or other similar software.

Is the product designed this way or is this a bug?

Note, after the song is devocalized and written to a file, it DOES play to completion with KeyRite, or KHProducer, or Windows Media Player but NOT with Vogone. The bottom line is that, using Vogone, the "Play Location" slider gets to the end (far right) then starts over before the song ends. This happens on ALL song files.

My PC:

Dell Dimension XPS B Series, Pentium III (866 MHz)
256 MB PC600 RDRAM (266MHz)
40 GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive (7200rpm)
PlexWriter 12/10/32A CD-RW
32 MB NVIDIA geFORCE 4x AGP Graphic Card
Sony Trinitron Monitor 19"
Creative SB Live Sound Card

Thanks

tumbleweed
August 17th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info on vogone II. :)

admin
August 27th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Please give us a bit more feedback. Your description is clear, but we need to be able to recreate this.

1. Does it happen the first time you open and play a new song?

2. Does it happen only after you have played at least one time?

3. Does playing all the way through to the end of the song matter or are you only playing part way through?

4. Is affected by moving the loop play markers? Do you always move them or sometimes not move them?

We are trying to diagnose the problem, and your feedback will help.

Anyone else reading this post can add your experiences here too, but please answer my questions above so we have more facts to nail down the cause.

Thanks!

Flipeoke
September 19th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Anytime I use the slider (for play location) the last few seconds seem to get cut off. They are still in the file, however it won't play in vogone unless you exit and restart vogone. It seems fine any other time. So if I open a file and play it w/o moving the slider it works fine, can use any of the other sliders w/o problems as soon as I move the play location slider it fails to play the last few seconds of the song.

EDIT: OK, Maybe not as stated above, still testing some things...In any event I have noticed it though....

EDIT2: OK- Think I got it here...
I open a "virgin" wav file...untouched by vogone...plays fine
Use the play location slider or the loop start slider - uh-oh - the last 5-10 seconds are not played...they are still there, just not played using vogone. My guess: Bug must be in the code for the play location slider. Somehow once the "play location" slider is moved either manually or with loop start, the actual play location and the sliders "play location" does not match...

admin
September 19th, 2001, 06:53 PM
What version of Vogone are you using?

Flipeoke
September 19th, 2001, 09:23 PM
n/m