PDA

View Full Version : Drunks

goonie227
April 8th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Any of you ever lose any eqipment due to a drunk nocking it over
I lost a 13" TV last night. :m :e

ddouglass
April 9th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I had the same TV go over twice before I had to replace it. I found that the wheeled stand I was using wasn't very stable and switched to a 3 legged one that could be spread pretty wide and was much harder to turn over.

I also had one of my main speaker get knocked over by a drunk dancer. I literally raced from my equipment table across the room to catch it just before it hit the concrete.

Unfortunately in this business you have to put up with them. In our case though a quick word to the bartender and they were sent on their way home.

swany
April 10th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Got my tv's mounted in a cart and use bungees to hold it to a 1" foam pad, the cart is on castors and I store my books below it. If it gets knocked over it should be okay. Had one fella in his cups drop my mic and had to take it apart and plug the circuit board back in. Other than that, my books catch hades from them.

DJYale
May 1st, 2006, 03:17 PM
Lost 2 TV's using one of the TV stands with the fixed legs on them. replaced it with one with a wide base with wheels then cut the wheel locks off it.

Now if they stumble and try to grab the TV stand it normally rolls out from under them letting them take the fall instead of the TV.

kJ Joe
May 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
I had a drunk dancer fall into table and knock computer and monitor on the floor.:e :m Lucky it still works fine:w

pelletmon
May 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I put out a sure sm-58 for the singers to use(I switched to the beta 58 so I gave them my old mic) This is a real testament to sure mics.After a year the 58 STILL WORKS! Althought I must say that after being dropped at least 20 times and stepped on a few,the mic "ball"doesn't look much like a ball anymore:) .