PDA

View Full Version : Book Software

a2kmike
March 20th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Has anyone noticed an increase of mistakes on the numeric sequence of song listings in KjPro's book software of late. It seems especially bad on sound choice spotlight series since about SC8920 or so, although mistakes are also found with other manufacturer's discs. I use three different book software programs and just noticed last night at a show that SC8956 has two Keith Urban songs listed in KjPro that aren't even on the disc. The frequency that this anomaly has been occuring lately is a real pain since I use CDG Autonamer (which uses KjPro's database) to name tracks before importing into Hoster. I have also found these mistakes in Airwer's software and Fast Tracks book software as well. Just curious!!

lmcmains
March 20th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Thats why I like to type all new disc's in myself. That way you know it is right. Most of the time I buy 4 or 5 new ones each month, and it don't take long to type them in.

mikedomi
March 20th, 2006, 10:48 AM
maybe sound choice is giving the wrong listing out

or giving them out then changing the order of the songs???

with sound choice there is no telling !!!

djmadmaxx
March 20th, 2006, 10:57 AM
send an email with corrections to KJ Pro, they will most likely update their records for an upcoming database update.

admin
March 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I moved this from Hoster, as it is unrelated, and put it where it will receive proper traffic and discussions. :w

swany
March 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I've spent hours in front of my PC doing KJpros editing for them, every new disc I get now gets entered by hand. I've updated my database recently and know I'll have to spend hours again editing the master database. Which I'm constantly doing anyway, but what part of India do they teach these jokers english? They most definately need icons in english, such as this ' theirs sometimes will be tilting back and causes an extra single line in my books, for the same title because of it. That and a lot of songs are named weird. So get the upgrade with the newest patch and the newer songs in the upgrade needs a patch also. I make enough mistakes without buying them.

BooBoo
March 29th, 2006, 08:19 AM
maybe sound choice is giving the wrong listing out

or giving them out then changing the order of the songs???

with sound choice there is no telling !!!

Does anyone know if this program will let you export database updates? I use most of the MTU products besides Hoster. I wrote my own program but can't find a central database out there to update mine. My database serves as a hoster and can generates my books, after they are updated of course.. :)

bryant
March 29th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I believe KJpro exports to excell, that's all I can tell you Boo.

BooBoo
March 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I believe KJpro exports to excell, that's all I can tell you Boo.
Thanks Bryant..

a2kmike
March 29th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know if this program will let you export database updates? I use most of the MTU products besides Hoster. I wrote my own program but can't find a central database out there to update mine. My database serves as a hoster and can generates my books, after they are updated of course.. :)

If you don't have access to Kjpro software I have this info from someone's prior post in an MTU forum...

Using WORDPAD as your Viewer and lose Formatting:

1. Select WORDPAD.EXE as your VIEWER.
2. Click "Create a SONGBOOK"
3. Click "View the Songbook"
4. When WORDPAD opens your Songbook, Click FILE and SAVE AS.
5. Near the Bottom, you will see TWO dialog Boxes...Click the DOWN ARROW that is located to the RIGHT of the Box labeled, "Save As Type:"
6. Select "Text Document." Notice that, in the FILE NAME Box, the SongBook.RTF has now become SongBook.TXT
7. Click the SAVE Button.
8. Click YES to lose all formatting.
9. Close WORDPAD and OPEN Excel. Excel should OPEN to a BLANK Spreadsheet.
10. Click DATA that is located on the Menu across the Top.
11. Click GET EXTERNAL DATA
12. Click IMPORT TEXT FILE
13. Navigate to Hoster's SongBook Folder and click on Songbook.Txt You should see the Text Import Wizard.
14. Click Next...Leave settings AS IS.
15. Click Next, again...Leave settings AS IS.
16. Click FINISH.
17. Click OK. Data is now in an EXCEL Spreadsheet.