PDA

View Full Version : using an vocal harmonizer....

wildwood
February 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
does anyone use vocal processors at the shows and have any success stories, or should i just keep it simple...the retailer i buy my kj equipment from has suggested that i leave that part of the equipment out...quote ...if they suck they suck...i have one and would like to add it to the show.

gduns - with the Lord
February 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
I own one by tc helicon, I use it at home for myself. But it is wayyyyyy to much trouble to use at a show. You would be better off just adding a bit more echo. it makes everyone sound better.

George
February 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
I own one by tc helicon, I use it at home for myself.

Hi, Gary.

I've been looking a long time for a good vocal harmonizer. I've quit messing with overdubbing to get a "multi voice " sound....way too much work.

Does that tc helicon work well ?

Thanks,

George

gduns - with the Lord
February 23rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
It works great George, it will give you up to 5 part harmony. You can set the increments. The one I have is the voiceworks. But is it worth $750.00 hard to say.

it also will correct your own pitch. I wanted to see how good it was so I connected my guitar to it, and I could bend the strings 2 full notes and not hear the tone change.

George
February 23rd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Gary.

Will have to stew on that for awhile. I realize you get what you pay for..A couple of years ago I tried one out in the $400.00 price range and took it back the same afternoon...yuk.

Thanks for the info.

George

mindonstrike
February 25th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I own one by tc helicon, I use it at home for myself. But it is wayyyyyy to much trouble to use at a show. You would be better off just adding a bit more echo. it makes everyone sound better.Thanks gduns for the info. I've been looking at that for a while now but if it's a pain in the backside to use at a live show, i'll leave it alone.

Sam