PDA

View Full Version : Can't import Sound Choice SC8700 & newer

AJSKARAOKE
January 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I can't seem to import any Sound Choice SC8700 and newer with my microstudio or my hoster. HELP!!!

ddouglass
January 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Details? Error messages, what steps you did, etc. No way to help if we don't have any details of the problem. Sound Choice did use a security called MediaCloq and you can find this in very small type on the CD somewhere. If this is on there then no program will import the files. Otherwise we need more information to be able to help.

gduns - with the Lord
January 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM
The 8700 series were the ones with mediaclog. this may be the problem

AJSKARAOKE
January 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry!
I used a Plextor PX-708 (internal and external) and a Plextor PX-712. (These burners don't seem to be the ones that give you a "False" Yes on MICROSTUDIO and Hoster)
I have Microstudio 2.609 and Microstudio 2.612 (which I just purchased on another computer). Thinking, maybe I needed a "newer" version.
I also have Hoster 3.110.
I was able to backup all sound choice disc prior to this with little or no problem.
About half way through the 8600's, Hoster would only read maybe the first 4 or 5 tracks. I them would hit "add discs to import" a second time and I would then get all "16" tracks. I would select the first 15 tracks and everything was fine. SC 8702 was the last one I could backup. Starting with SC8705, Hoster would then give me "unable to read AUDIO sectors 0 to 25 on Device 2:1:0".
Hoster will read the cd to the extent that the tracks are ready to import. But when I try importing them, I get nothing but the box with the blue line but nothing else. Before, the box would say "reading CDG track" or something like this. Then it would change to "writing KMA files". But this time with SC8705, I get a box which states that Hoster had a problem and needs to close.
So I tried MICROSTUDIO.
MICROSTUDIO would read the disc and I would "select all tracks" and uncheck the 16th track. But with SC8705 (and higher), and after unchecking the 16th track, MICROSTUDIO immediately gives me an error. I press the "cancel" button which I have to do for each track in succession unless I quickly press the "terminate" button.
So, in summary, both my Hoster and MICROSTUDIO doesn't read any of the tracks from SC8705 and on.
HOPE THIS HELPS! I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS. I'LL DO WHATEVER I CAN OR WHAT IT TAKES TO BACKUP THESE COPIES OF SOUND CHOICE.

ddouglass
January 27th, 2006, 04:54 PM
As GDuns said this series has the MediaCloq on it which is a security system designed to keep us from making copies of the cds. Hoster and Microstudio cannot get past that to read them. Sound Choice is supposed to offer replacements according to posts here, but you have to ask.