PDA

View Full Version : Garbled letters

KJ Queen
July 5th, 2001, 09:04 PM
:r

When I create or duplicate my CD-G the letters on the screnn (during playback) get garbled and can not be read. I've tried various speeds and this still happens....

I have a PIII-533
128MB RAM
HP 9100 series RW-CD ROM
NVIDIA Graphics Adapter (Which I really dont think matters because it still does it when I playback on a Karaoke Machine)

The sound is perfect, but the words just wont stay in line or
erase when the line is done.

Can someone pleeeze help me??

TIA -

Elsa

admin
July 6th, 2001, 08:45 AM
This has never been reported before, so it is logical to first suspect there is some problem with your computer and/or CD-Recorder.

We need more details.

Is your problem using Microstudio or Karaoke Home Producer (your saying "create" makes me wonder)?

Are you using the Microstudio Duplicate Disc Tab or the Custom Assembly Tab?

What discs are your copying... please tell us the manufacturer of the discs you are having problems with.

Tell us anything else you can think of releated as to how you are doing this, and what you are using to play that shows up the problems.

What do you mean "I've tried various speeds?" Please explain in detail because I have no idea what "speeds" you can vary or try. :?

admin
July 15th, 2001, 05:57 AM
We were waiting for your answers to the above questions. If your problems are solved, please post that here so we can close this thread. :w

bose
July 16th, 2001, 05:44 PM
The chances are that the cause of your problem is one of the following...

* You're writing the CDR too fast. This can cause a small level of vibration, particularly at high speeds, and because the area of the disc which stores the graphics data is so small, distortion can result.

* Your CD Writer laser needs cleaning.

* Change the type of media you're using. Some media responds better than others to CD+G.

* Your player laser needs cleaning.

* Your player doesn't respond well to burned discs. I have 4 CD+G players, and the eldest one leaves gaps in the graphics on a burned discs, whereas the newest one will play them perfectly. The speed at which I write the discs can increase the effect of this. I have found that Vocopro players are very good at playing burned discs.

Hope this helps,

Bose

gladu2
July 18th, 2001, 04:57 AM
I installed version 2.311 yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the play funtion was much more stable then version 2.2 and I could play back to back songs without restarting the program, very nice. The problem I encountered was with a copy made from a Chartbusters original leaving small fragments of the lyrics behind during playback on 3 of the songs. I enabled DMA box, made sure my virus protection and firewall were not running in the background and burned another copy, same thing. Then I reinstalled version 2.2 and burned another copy, same thing. Then I went back and reinstalled version 2.311, cleaned the recorder lens, reduced the write speed from 10X to 8X and burned a copy of a different original CDG, this time Pioneer. This copy was perfect. The Chartbusters original has three very small nicks in it, even so the original plays perfectly. I did clean that disk more then once. I think I may be able to get a perfect copy of the Chartbusters CDG by restoring it with a CD scratch remover. If anyone else has encountered a similar problem I would be interested in reading about. I didn't start a new thread on this because the problem is
minor and overall I'm very pleased with the latest version of Microstudio.
Mike Gladu

JSchoedel
August 19th, 2001, 02:27 PM
I have had similar problems with garbled letters but never to the point that they are totally gone. As an observation and in practice I have found that mearly Cleaning the original CDG helps avoid these problems. You have to understand that if you have a fingerprint or a scratch on your cd, your reader may just ignore it as missing data. this missing data will not be burned to the copy.

I also encountered a few more occurances of this problem when I switched from my Old Yamaha 6416 SCSI burner to my newer and faster HP 9140. That Yamaha was a beautiful burner just abit on the slow side. I dont think they are available anymore in that model but you may be able to find a refurbished one somewhere.

admin
August 19th, 2001, 07:31 PM
You can find the notes at: http://www.mtu.com/basics/cd-topics-suppliers.htm

MTUSUPPORT
August 20th, 2001, 04:07 PM
This is one of the major problems that we saw when testing the HP 9100 series drives in the past. We would have about a 50/50 chance that they would work with clean graphics. This is a reason that the Hp drives are on the list of supported CD+G recorders, but just as all the others on the list, it doesn't mean that the one that you buy will work. The only gauranteed drives are the ones purchased from us that we have been able to test for the CD+G format.