PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Singapore

peteralias
July 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Hi, friends I intending to buy Vogone Software to remove or eliminate vocal from audio CD's. However I am not sure how good and well does this product really is. I was previously using LUXURIOUSITY music maker to remover vocal. It is a waste of time and $$ all it does is "suppress" the audio not removing the audio as it claims.

Appreciate if you guys who advance user of this software can share some info on it. For example can I remove vocal form mono songs in wave or must it specifically be mp3 stereo. :e

Peter
Singapore

George
July 23rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
Peter,

The below is copied from the Vogone Manual. It should answer your questions.

"Vogone can reduce and in some cases remove the main vocal from one stereo song at a time.
Vogone can only reduce center-panned vocals (equally loud in the right and left channels) from stereo files.
Vogone cannot open or process monaural files or digitally remastered monaural files that have been converted into stereo.
Some songs will not vocal reduce at all, some will do moderately well, and others will do very well. There is no way to know what songs will work best until you try them.
Vogone can only open audio .wav files, not karaoke .cdg files."

I will also add that although the main vocal may be successfully removed, any echo or reverb that has been added to the lead vocal in the recording studio could possibly remain.

Hope this helps,

George