PDA

View Full Version : Vogone Problem

hugo2
July 20th, 2005, 11:55 AM
On July 5, 05, I purchaqsed from you, Vogone 2200n. I have tried several songs, with no success of removing lead vocal, without also removing most of the music. This is understandable, since the tracks I tried may not be true stereo.

I then tried YOUR website example #1, Leanne Willis, (with vocal), converted it to WAV, then tried it in Vogone. Got same results as with my own tracks;
Removed vocal, but also removed most of the music.

hugo2

hugo2
July 26th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Some Forum! You Never Bother To Reply.

George
July 26th, 2005, 08:17 AM
This is the Vogone Testimonial Forum.

When I saw your first post, I flagged it to ADMIN so he could move it to the Vogone Help Forum, where it should have been posted.

I didn't know at the time ADMIN was unavailable.

Post your problem in the Vogone Help Forum, and it WILL get answered there. I personally have stopped answering help posts in the wrong forums. That does not benefit other users.

Also, in busy times I doubt Support would take the time to look outside the Help forums for posts that need answering. That's just my guess.

George

admin
July 26th, 2005, 08:45 AM
On July 5, 05, I purchaqsed from you, Vogone 2200n. I have tried several songs, with no success of removing lead vocal, without also removing most of the music. This is understandable, since the tracks I tried may not be true stereo.

I then tried YOUR website example #1, Leanne Willis, (with vocal), converted it to WAV, then tried it in Vogone. Got same results as with my own tracks;
Removed vocal, but also removed most of the music.

hugo2
I moved this to the Vogone Help Forum.

The example on our web site is in MP3. You cannot convert it back to a .wav and expect the same results, so your "test" using our audio is not valid. The examples on our web site were processed with Vogone 2.104, which is inferior to the current 2.210. The test, as you imply, are not lies. They were actual files that were vocal reduced. Leanne Willis' was center panned, with no reverb applied. It is an ideal example. The other 2 examples were standard release songs that vocal reduced well. We could have added examples where the vocals would not reduce, but what good is that. We accurately present 3 songs that Vogone works on.

There are many users who start off with Vogone expecting something better than they will ever get. We are VERY CAREFUL to warn not to expect the world. Read the published Vogone Testimonials (http://www.mtu.com/testimonials/vocal-eliminator-users.htm). We included the "percentage" of removal to allow everyone to see that 100% is RARE and not to be expected. These were people like you who tried Vogone and submitted their results.

We make it clear in the manual that only stereo files will process. Don't even try anything that isn't stereo as you know it will fail. We make it clear that the "reverberation" added to vocals will not be removed. We make it clear that only original imported .wav files will process, not converted MP3 files.

Where are your facts for us to help you with? There are only insulting complaints here. Forums are for people who are looking for answers, not wanting to publish a public complaint. State your facts and you will receive help. Continue your complaints, and this is your last answer.

Vogone works on many files and many users are VERY PLEASED with it. It may be that your files won't vocal reduce. We discuss that in the manual also, depending on the Record Studio where the songs were mixed. If the mix engineer mixed the vocals slightly OFF CENTER, they will not remove.