PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Show Physical Layout

dschwark
July 10th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I have a Vocopro Bravo II All in one karaoke Player System, which is the main sound component. Along with Hoster, and a Wireless Mic System and small TV. I can connect the Bravo to larger sound systems where necessary to get a "bigger sound" where necessary. My question is one of Physics and the best physical Karaoke layout for the KJ and the Singers and the Audience.

I have a 4 foot table where I usually place my sound setup, computer, and TV. I usually sit beside sound system and behind the table. The performers usually face the 4 foot table with the sound system and the TV pointed out at them, and the "crowd" in general... Two main problems exist in that scenario, 1) I (KJ) can't hear the sound as well as I would like to adjust the loudness, base & treble. 2) When singers come up with their request slips, they interfere, alot of times, with the performing singer's view of the screen, or are otherwise a general distraction.

The real question here after all this background is what is the ideal karaoke physical layout of the sound system, Singer, and KJ, for maximum control of the show, best possible sound quality, and placing the most emphasis on the karaoke singer? Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
Thanks, :s
Dan

lirics
July 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Dan,

Couple of helpful hints for you and your setup,
would be to get yourself a Tv-stand and a monitor.

The Tv stand will le tyou put your TV oppiosite the table
so your singers are facing the Audience., with the
soound comming out behind them

and then the montiro will let you hear the sound in order
to make any adjustments.

hope this helps, if you need links to tv-stands
and monitors, feel free to PM me.

good luck

dschwark
July 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Lirics, thanks for you kind response. much appreciated.

dan

swany
August 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I built a cart for my TV and put a monitor below it, so I can hear and so can the singer. May not work for everyone but it does for me. I've built carts for my shows so all I have to do is push in the TV and the Amp, mixer and players, while my light show is on top of the main cart. Just gettin' older and want things easier. The speakers are already on wheels but I run 3ways in my shows, love the bass boom.

dschwark
August 10th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Cool, how do you get the cart out of your car?

swany
August 10th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The cart goes down the back door/ramp on my equiptment trailer. The price on a trailer (6X10) is $2200 in Michigan, and permanate plates makes it an option that I had to have. I'm getting older and don't want to lug that heavy stuff around. Plus I can carry a lot of stuff in there I would not be able to if I did not have a trailer.

dschwark
August 10th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Ooooh Gotcha. So it's a covered trailer (I assume), that has a ramp. You just roll the cart down, and everything is self contained, except the speakers... they have their own cart. I bet that saves on a lot of setup time too.

Thanks for Responding.

Dan

swany
August 12th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Yes it's a covered trailer, and my average setup is less than 20 mins.
2 - 3way peavey speakers with self contained wheels
1 - tv cart with monitor speaker in the btm
1 - amp cart with 2 jvc players, 1 696 peavey amp,1 av switch, 4 wireless mics, 8 position light controller, drawer with batteries kj slips, pencils, tape and a few tools and flashlight, first aid kit, sewing kit with safety pins, spare bulbs and fuses.
In the bottom of the cart, all my wires and cables for the show in a box, two large aggressor lights. DJ & KJ master books and logo cloth
On top to the cart, one crank up light stand, t-bar with six lights, piece of pvc for my logo cloth to hang on. I have outlets for the lights and speaker cables, and video cable so all I have to do is plug them into the cart.

The next one I build will be easier yet.

dschwark
August 13th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Wow, Swany, it SOUNDS really SWEET! And mostly self contained. Thanks for all the great info and ideas.

Dan

swany
August 15th, 2005, 08:03 PM
That is what you do when your lazy as I am. You work your tail off so you can give the singers at KJ shows your best, and make wedding dreams come true. Seriously when you are tired or irritated after setup, it makes for a bad scenario. My way of setting up a show may help I sure hope it does. I'm thinking of building a rack mount show on a hand truck with the 45` castors on the back for a portable show I can put in my van. If it's heavy put it on wheels.