PDA

View Full Version : MTUMSND.VXD problems

brain21
June 22nd, 2001, 11:40 AM
OK, I am brand new to Micor Editor. Someone where I work asked me to install Micro Editor 5.1 (that's what we have) on a new PC. THis PC is running NT 4.0, SP6, and has a Soundblaster AWE 64 in it (we also tried on one that was identical but had an SB16 in it).

The install is fine, but I get errors when trying to start up MicroEditor that say:

MTUMSND.VXD virtual device driver not loaded or not functioning properly. Please make there is a "device=mtumsnd.vxd" line in the [386Enh] section of your system.ini file.

Yes, that is in my system.ini file and I rebooted.

ME 5.1 seems to work fine in the other NT boxes. THe difference is that they are running SB Live! Platinum cards (not 5.1). I have been told that that is the only soundcard in those machines.

So... is this a common error? How can I fix it? Is it possible that they are running this Krystal DSP and they just don't know and that's why it is working for them? WHat exactly IS the Krystal DSP?

THanks for your help!

Brain21

clawson
June 26th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Microeditor will NOT work without the Krystal DSP engine. It's a simple as that--at least for now. Contact MTU for additional Krystal cards and compatibility information.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson
Senior Recording & Production Engineer
WETA Radio & Television

admin
June 28th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Microeditor does not run under Windows NT yet, or not V5.1. There is a version V5.2b-nt that will install under NT (a bit of a kluge, but it works).

Our next big upgrade will be Microeditor V5.5 which will support Windows 2000 and NT... Fall time frame expected for release.