PDA

View Full Version : Output file has audible click if key change was upward.

Don Thomas
June 22nd, 2001, 11:31 AM
I have used KeyRite to change the key on 33 of my songs. There is an audible click at the start of each CDG file that was key changed upward. There is no click on any CDG file changed downward or on any WAV file changed upward or downward. When I open KeyRite and select a CDG file, any "+" key change selection produces the click as soon as I select the key change number. No "-" selections produce the click. If I select a WAV file, no key change selections (either "+" or "-") produce the click.

Please advise.

By the way, the programs ability to change the key without distortion is great. I have used several key changers in the past and this is the best I have seen.

admin
June 22nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
Don, thanks for the kind words. We try very hard to make each product as good as we can. Can I encourage you to post your praise in our Keyrite Testimonial Forum? Maybe you could mention the other key changers you referred to. We can always use new testimonials. :g

We have not had your click reported before, and I cannot hear it on my system when I just tried it on 3 songs. I'll ask MTUSUPPORT to review this.

I have a suspicision there may be something to do with your audio card or driver.

If you would, click the Start button - run command - and enter dxdiag. On the front tab you will see a button to save and store the settings to a file. Do this and then email that file (along with a brief description of your click problem with Keyrite) to support@mtu.com.

Also, include what version of Keyrite you are running. We'll see what we can find. :w

Don Thomas
June 29th, 2001, 02:34 PM
I sent a separate email along with my dxdiag.txt file to support last week. Did you find anything that can help me with this problem? By the way, I read your reply to my first thread but I don't understand the comment about the sound card or driver. The tracks in question were imported from various CD's by Microstudio, key changed by KeyRite and burned to another CD by Microstudio. I don't think that the sound card or driver is involved in the process. The click is in the .cdg file after the key was changed upward but not in the .cdg file before the change. The click is always present in any .cdg file key changed upward and never present in any .cdg file key changed downward or in any .wav file key changed either upward or downward.

admin
June 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
I understand now that you have elaborated more on the problem. We have been swamped this week (month and quarter ending) so I don't know if SUPPORT has had time to review your dxdiag. From what you say, it probably won't show up any answer.

Can you send us a disc with some of your songs showing the clicks? I will give this to engineering to diagnose and see if there is a glitch in the code that could be causing this. Please send it to:

MTU
6900 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615

Send it along with a printed note including your name, email, phone number and a message that the songs on this disc were processed with a + keychange and exhibit a click at the start. That will help us understand why the disc was sent in and who to give it to.

Thanks. We'll work on a solution, but it appears this might require a code change that takes a bit longer to do.

Don Thomas
November 19th, 2001, 12:05 PM
I mailed a CD to you on August 30, 2001 with examples of the audible click on the files that were key changed upward. I have not heard from you. Did you find the cause?

Don Thomas
December 11th, 2001, 03:41 PM
It has been three weeks since my last post to this thread and three months since I sent the CD you requested for evaluation and I have not heard from you. Is anybody home?

Don Thomas
January 29th, 2002, 07:21 PM
I have spent the last 6 months waiting for a reply about a problem with Keyrite when key changing a .cdg file to a higher key. ( See the other thread under my name.) At their request, I mailed them a CD in August so they could evaluate the problem.

No response from MTU.

I posted to the thread in November to see if they found the cause.

No response from MTU.

I posted to the thread in December to see if they found the cause.

No response from MTU.

Overall I have been very pleased with all 5 programs I have purchased from MTU. The only problem that causes me concern is that if I have a problem, I will never get any support from the company that I purchased all these programs from.

admin
January 30th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Don, I responded within 1 day to your original post, as can be seen above.

I am sorry you have this problem. No other user has reported a click in the audio output when processed in the + range with Keyrite.

We have been waiting to see if anyone else reports the same problem, but no one else has. Thus, we are certain the problem is with your particular computer installation.

If you wish to use our Help Desk and post all the facts you now have (set Category=SUPPORT), Bryan can try to give you a reading on what might be different with your computer.

If anyone else experiences a click in the output file when key changed in the + range, please post it here so we know.

Don Thomas
January 30th, 2002, 07:38 PM
If you really believe that posting to my first thread last June in some way replies to my most recent thread about being ignored for months starting in August, you should consider a career in politics, where spin is king instead of honesty. That was a very unprofessional reply.

Enough of that.

I installed the Keyrite program on a totally different brand of computer to test it. It produced the same problem. I, of course, deleted it from the second computer after running the test so I am not using in on two of my computers. I am using a HP Pavillion and I tested it on an Emachine. Do you think it would matter if I totally removed the program and downloaded to start over?

I regret that I had to post a thread with the title I gave it, but you continually refused to reply so I could not come up with a solution other than this. All you had to do was answer me, even if to say you were waiting to see if someone else had the problem.

admin
January 31st, 2002, 07:03 AM
Don, I apologize if my post offended you. You repeated "No response from MTU" 3 times which was not correct. I immediately responded to your first post. Since the public can read these it was important to make it clear I had responded.

I did not reply to your subsequent Forum posts because I was never notified of them by the Forum software. I reply to each immediately when I am notified, just as I did to your first and most recent one. When we upgraded the Forum software last year we did not receive notifications for a while, which is a possible explanation. I have no other reason.

Bryan (MTU's Support Manager) receives all incoming CDROMs at MTU. I just read his email stating he has no record of receiving it.

Shortly we will have our new Help Desk fully operational. Each customer havs a secured record in its database. Then, when you log in and create a new "call", it remains on the active list until it has been answered and closed. The problem with our not being notified of your Forum post should not happen with this Help Desk. We are doing our best to provide support while we continue to grow. It is not an easy thing. I received 108 emails in one download yesterday. I processed them all before going to bed.

I have sent you a new link to download Keyrite again. Given that you experienced the same problem on a second computer may indicate you have a faulty download. It is a long shot, but a potential cause that should first be eliminated. Please download a new copy and see if it exhibits the same click you are experiencing. Please test it on both your computers and post the results here. If our Help Desk was fully operational, I would ask you to post there as it will be a safer problem tracking mechanism. The Forum is the best for now.

In case you noticed, I have merged your two threads into one so we can track the problem in a single Thread.

Don Thomas
February 1st, 2002, 03:09 PM
I did not receive the new link you said you sent me to try another download for Keyrite. Please send it again. I hope this will solve the problem.

Thanks,

Don Thomas

admin
February 4th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Please post back here if it works.

FIFTY8TH
February 6th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Don..

If you are still checking these posts.....and I sure wouldn't blame you if you have stopped.... I have a way you can check any of the discs you make.

We are here at Fifty8th@chartermi.net if you want to know

We are testing Keyrite now. It all seems to be working they way they designed it. However...we went to the new XP OS after giviing up on Windows SE.

Fifty8th

Don Thomas
February 7th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the new download instructions. I downloaded and installed again but the problem still persists. I just received a new request for my dxdiag.txt file and I just emailed it to you.

admin
March 13th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Don Thomas, we have been waiting to hear the results of your testing. Any word?

Don Thomas
March 13th, 2002, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure what testing you are referring to. In my last post I stated that I had downloaded the program again and re-installed it on my computer with the same results. The problem is still there. I occasionally burn a new CD to use for my backup when I sing. The click is always there on any cdg file that was key changed upward. It is audible on any karaoke machine I use in any club I go to sing.

FIFTY8TH
March 13th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Your last sentance answered my question.

John