PDA

View Full Version : Keywrite Demo

MimiLee
June 1st, 2005, 10:42 AM
I downloaded the latest version of the keywrite professional demo (2.0.0.8). It will not preview a cdg-only hear scratching sounds. When I wrote the file and tried to play it I get the same sounds. Tried several songs and the same thing happened. Before I bought it wanted to be sure this was not the norm!! Love everything elese in the suite-would like this because I have a tendency to pull up something quickly for myself and forget to change the key!!

gduns - with the Lord
June 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM
Obvoiusly this is not the way it should work. Maybe you got a bad download. re download it, and try the demo again. I use keyrite, and it doesn't generate any noise of it's own. I love the one I am using. I would suggest the karaoke-suite tho, it saves you money.

admin
June 13th, 2005, 11:33 AM
MimiLee, did you solve this problem yet? :?

jahern
June 16th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I can produce scratchy sounds when I mess with the file extension: For instance, a wave file that has had its extension changed to .cdg, or maybe an mp3-g, which has the extension .cdg but is not appropriate for the program. If the file is not 20 to 50 or more magabytes big, it is probably an mp3-g and will not work properly. It sounds like you have a full complement of programs to create the right files. If what I said is something that helps you or someone else, then I am happy. :) Hope you have resolved the problem.

MimiLee
June 16th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I am traveling until the 25th and only have occasional internet access. Before I left I ordered the pro version because I am sure the product is what I need. However, I got the same results as with the demo-could not preview-just noise. I am confident I am doing something incorrectly-just haven't had the time to figure it out. Will post again asap-thanks for the input.

admin
July 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Moved to Keyrite 2.x Help Forum.

MimiLee
July 10th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I am traveling until the 25th and only have occasional internet access. Before I left I ordered the pro version because I am sure the product is what I need. However, I got the same results as with the demo-could not preview-just noise. I am confident I am doing something incorrectly-just haven't had the time to figure it out. Will post again asap-thanks for the input.
Yesterday I did another download and install of Keyrite 2 and still have the same results- only scratching noises when I try to preview. Hoster and Microstudio work fine with this system. Any suggestions?

George
July 10th, 2005, 10:02 PM
MimiLee,

Right click on one of those files in your songlist.

Then click PROPERTIES, then click SUMMARY.

If it is a normal WAV track the specs should read somewhere as follows:

Bit rate..................... 1411kbps
Audio sample size........ 16bit
Channels................... Stereo or Monaural
Audio sample rate........ 44KHz
Audio, format............. PCM

I believe the two most critical ones would be the audio sample size and especially the audio sample rate.

If anything but the above, then the files are not standard WAV files and most likely won't work unless you have an audio editing program such as Goldwave, and can re-sample the tracks.

Let us know what you find.

George

MimiLee
July 10th, 2005, 11:24 PM
:s George:

Boy do I feel foolish-I did not realize there was a difference in cdg and cd+g files (the file extension looks the same) I was trying to play the cdg files I had on the hard drive (had converted from zip to cd+g using mp3 toolz). I said in my first post I was probably doing something wrong!!

One question-the Keyrite manual states you can rename a bin file to cdg. When I did this it still shows bin as the type and would not come up in my list of files.

Thanks for your help.

George
July 11th, 2005, 01:11 AM
MimiLee,

Glad I was able to point you in the right direction. Sorry I focused in on .WAV, but the principle was the same.

RE: your question....

If you have a .CDG that has been saved with the .BIN extension, you should be able to simply change the extension to .CDG and Keyrite should recognize it.

I don't have any .BIN files, so I can't check that out and try to see what may be going wrong when you do it.

I was able to change the extension of a .CDG track to .BIN, and Keyrite would not recognize it, and then change the extension back to .CDG and Keyrite saw it, so I'd say there must be something wrong with the track format at your end on that one also.

As I understand it, there are too many varieties of .BINs out there to know for certain what's going on with Keyrite.

Dunno, just what I've heard on that one.

If that's true, then as far as Keyrite is concerned, I'd guess that the attributes of the .BIN file must be the same as the normal .CDG that Keyrite recognizes (the only real difference being the extension)for an extension change to work.

I'm just speculating there, and could easily be wrong.

George