PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio with Composite Video VGA Card

cbclucas
June 19th, 2001, 12:00 PM
I have recently purchased Microstudio 2.3.0.3. I have been very happy with the software so far, excusing one minor hiccup.

I have an Apollo 6326 PCI Video Card (8mb ram) that has the nice little feature of having both composite video and S-Video out. This seems to work perfectly well with all programs - except of course Microstudio.

The video card is able to output to both and VGA monitor and a TV simultaneously but as soon as Karaoke visuals come up on screen, the television goes blank.

Is it possible to play the karaoke in a window instead of full screen mode? I think that might solve my problem

Thanks,

Regards,

Lucas

admin
June 19th, 2001, 06:20 PM
We are planning to rewrite our display code later this summer for several reasons. We will approach the NTSC compatibility problem then. For now, I don't have anything to offer as a suggestion.

Maybe one of our users who reads this might have a suggetion they have found.

cbclucas
June 23rd, 2001, 09:55 AM
The television I was using for my testing was a PAL TV. Would it be worth my while testing it on a NTSC TV, or is the video format not related to the problem?

Regards,

Lucas

admin
June 24th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Our current karaoke full screen is 320X240 which is probably too small for NTSC or PAL.

GordonF
June 29th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by cbclucas
The video card is able to output to both and VGA monitor and a TV simultaneously but as soon as Karaoke visuals come up on screen, the television goes blank.

I have a Rage Fury Pro and its driver enforces NTSC display compatibility regardless of what video mode DirectX programs take. This seems to be the case with the Rage Pro as well.

You can try forcing the DirectDraw refresh rate to 60 Hz (or 50 Hz for PAL). Use DXDIAG.EXE and go to the "More Help" tab (DX8) or Troubleshooting tab (DX7 and earlier?) and use "Click here to override DirectDraw's refresh rate." If the driver respects this, the display should stay compatible with the composite output.