PDA

View Full Version : How can I remove the DiscID in my Song Books?

kedmison
March 3rd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Here's my problem,...I am wanting to use Hoster's printing feature to do my song books. I like the ability to use the Artist one time and all the songs underneath the one artist headins. My problem is that the book ID is be printed along side the title. When I first started importing my discs, I statred with the idea that since the songs are no longer on a disc, that the idea of having a "track" number is mute. Therfore song 1 would be 101 and so forth. All songs on next disc would start 201 etc.

This is quick an example of what wants to print out in my song book:

Beatles

Hold your hand201.................20112
No where man170....................1701

How do I remove the numbers immediatley after the song titles?

I've always felt that the DiscID# really should be called Song ID#.

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Kelly

sevekj
March 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
If you are using the hoster for greatest advantage, you should locate the Brand (Mfgr) then use the drop down to locate the DiscID number they produce that you are importing. When importing, the list will self populate with Brand, DiscID, Trac#, Title and Artist.

This can become very important later, to quickly identify the mfg. version when a karaoke junky asks you what version is this? Plus it saves a lot of typing to get a requested song into the Playlist.

I have some compiled cd's, and what I have done is I go to KJpro.com and look up the appropriate song and MFG and get the mfg id number and insert it in the drop down and it will become the id for that song and will be set permanently in the database as that version which becomes helpful in subsequent cd imports, which will show already imported that version when importing a new order cd with same song on it.
Am I making sense?
If not PM me.

As far as BookID just go with the flow it makes perfect logic to use Track# of the cd you are importing as the last 2 numbers for the BookID.

Seve

gduns - with the Lord
March 3rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
If I remember correctly the number after the title is in itallics. open the file in word, and select all. the do a search & replace using advanced options, and select itallics and relpace them with nothing. they will dissappear.

sevekj
March 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Sorry cat lovers!!

Yes, I liked gduns method, just in case someone has difficulty with it here is my directions for the same result.

Open the word RTF title or artist report.

Select edit, Select replace, Select font, Select italic, then click the OK button.

Leave "replace with" blank, select replace all, allow a few seconds, look at new document and you will see the italicised DiscID # is removed.

Thanks gduns!!

Seve