PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Vogone II, Help !

thewebcrawler
June 12th, 2001, 10:52 AM
1. I purchased Vogone I back in December. Will MTU give me a BREAK on the price $$$$ of Vogone II ? That would be great.

2. I tried Vogone I on several Spanish CD's that I own that I made WAV's from, Example Victor Manuelle, Elvis Crespo and Marc Anthony (SONY DISCOS) and I tell you that Vogone I doesn't filter very well at all! On every song on every CD you can still hear the Voice of the Artist. Not only that but the background instruments are also affected. The Output file is lower in Sound, still has the voice but just a little lower, and background music is blurred and unclear. It's not something I would use on a stage in front of a bunch of strangers. It's even worse on Marc Anthony CD's because his voice is high in pitch.

I also purchased a vocal eliminator from DART which helped a little bit more but not much. The only nice thing about DART is that it has a few adjustable buttons that you can play with while your playing the song.

It seems that neither program likes Spanish Music.
Maybe Spanish music from (sony) and the like are recorded differently? Maybe you guys can find a way to get around this problem?

It would be nice if Vogone II would have the same controls in DART plus much much MORE.
It would be nice if Vogone II would work on Spanish CD's

Can you "please" look into this "Spanish Problem"
If you need help I'd be more than happy to send you some CDR's with WAV files from VictorManuelle,ElvisCrespo,MarcAnthony, and the LIKE for testing

I find it ODD that it's the year 2001 and little has been done on Vocal Elimination Research in the world?

I guess it's up to all the hard working people at MTU to bring us up to date.

Sammy :?

Brian Corr
June 12th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Vogone II COMING SOON
:r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r :r

Every devocalizer from $30 -Vogone I- to some top notch fancy $1000 plus prog will leave bits behind. They will all remove bits we want left. Its just the nature of the beast.

The only way to get a perferct 100% devoc is for you to get a hold of the digital master tapes used in the recording of a bands cd. I don't think the record companies will be very accomidating with requests for them.

Wait till we see what -Vogone II- brings. It looks good:g

CLICK HERE AND READ (http://www.mtu.com/basics/vocal-eliminator2.htm)

admin
June 12th, 2001, 03:33 PM
thewebcrawler, existing Vogone 1.0 clients will get a break from the $99.95 for 2.0.

I hope Vogone 2.0 is what we all want. The results we are having so far are very promising. I have asked our programmer to change some frequency range adjustments tonight. I believe that will allow us to remove more if not all of a male singer.

Theoretically, Spanish or European or any language should not affect Vogone 2.0, but one never knows. Once we have it out for test for a month then I'll feel comfortable making broader claims. :w

BTW: have you ever seen a vocal eliminator that works on any song? What do you think it is worth. Personally I think I am nuts selling it so low. So... I'm nuts. :g