PDA

View Full Version : Free From Disc

Digital Party
March 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Howdy,

Up until now I was bringing my disc players and disc "Just In Case". Last night I said "That's It!!!! I ain't doing it any more!!!!" I removed the players from my rack-setup and left the disc at home. Everything was great! What a difference! THE FREEDOM.....just plain wow!

Thanks MTU,
Chris
AWare Entertainment

Nitecat
March 21st, 2005, 07:41 PM
Hope I'm brave enough to do that soon myself. Keep us posted on how it continues to go for you.

Bruce Jr.
March 22nd, 2005, 12:04 AM
Welcome to Your Freedom, :) I started doing Karaoke in April or so of 2003, Started with MTU Hoster, I do not even know how to use a JVC player or any others for that fact, besides my home Karaoke Player, I keep my kma's on an external hardrive as well as two internals, So I hope I am safe, I do have one or :? or concern I have never tried to see if my external hardrive could play my KMA's on another computer or registered it to will it actually work? on another cp or have I been throwing a false security blanket on myself :e ? Inquiry minds want to know, :r I also do not want to do anything that could be illegal or against the way MTU designed us to use this program, I just want to make sure I am doing things right. Bruce Jr.

www.brucejrskaraoke.com

lmcmains
March 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
MTU and Hoster are the greatest. I haven't used a player in about 2 years. I don't even have one in my rack. :)

Part On!
March 26th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I carry my daughter's little b&w karaoke player in van just in case of disaster, haven't needed it yet.

Digital Party
March 30th, 2005, 11:32 PM
This MTU this really is cool......ain't it!!!!

Part On!
April 1st, 2005, 10:03 AM
yes, it's very cool. The more I get familiar with it, the more I love it.:g

Karaoke John
July 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
I have been almost free from disks since Day One of getting hoster and completing importing the 300 disks that I had on hand at the time. With the exception of about 5 DVD disks and 2 Chartbusters that would not import to Harddrive. I just said to myself this is either gonna work or not. I use a DVD/Cdg player to play those seven disks if someone requests a song off of them that I don't have on the Harddrive. Hoster is great and I really look forward to when You can import DVD titles They do have them listed in the import database where you look them up. I tried to do it with version 3.109 but what I got was Track One time 45min and Track two about the same. Not listed by individual songs. Hope version 3.2 will solve the problem.
I used to use my Dvd player to play music CD's that I had a couple of regulars singing off of. But I found I could use the CDG button on Hoster and Import them just like Someone's CDG which made shows so much smoother. Just do that and type in name of song in place of track number and singers name in place of Audio only, It works great.
Have a great day
John

bobcox- with the Lord
July 24th, 2005, 03:01 AM
aint it great, i have a compaq evo 510 small form factor computer mounted in my road case, and i carry my laptop as a back up. no disc for over a year.
i will never use disc again. but carry a backup, my computer failed last yr i had only used it for a month. when it crashed thank god i had a backup, it turned out to be a stuck key on keyboard, and that shut me down with only one hour left in show, dell laptop to the rescue. always carry a backup, Bob :e

Trevor
July 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Hi all, I started using Hoster about a year ago, and from day one, I decided to leave my discs at home :g. Big leap of faith, but I've never looked back.
I have all my .kma's and about 2500 laserdisc tracks on three 200gb Maxtor hard drives on slide mounts in my tower. I also carry three backup cloned hard drives also on slide mounts with me in case of a breakdown. Luckily it has only happened once, when a hard drive failed during a gig. I keep a cd player in the rack with a compilation cd playing on repeat all the time, with the fader off, so that if I get a problem, I can fade it up instantly, and have independent background music playing whilst I sort out the problem. No embarrassing silences :). When I did have the failure, I just swapped all of the hard drives at once and re-booted the pc, it only took about 3 or 4 minutes and the show was back on. When I got home, I identified the faulty drive and replaced it. Worked a treat and I breathed a big sigh of relief!!
I can't praise Hoster highly enough, it is just superb!