PDA

View Full Version : best player?

hickersonmark
February 26th, 2005, 07:36 AM
what is the most reliable cdg player on the market? professionally what do you use?

admin
February 26th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Hoster!!!!! :w

In version 3.2 (2nd release off) it will also play DVD and VCD discs also. :g

bobcox- with the Lord
February 26th, 2005, 11:49 AM
JVC Triple Tray, Plays cdg, vcd,& audio cds.tried the rest they were the best. I have 8 of them. and will never use them again. since i got HOSTER, it is by far the best thing that ever happened to karaoke. i will never use disc again. GET IT, you will never regret it. if hoster gets any better it will run itself. :g :g :g

Digital Party
February 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I used the JVC XM-GM800 6+1, I have two of them. Used them for 10 years!!:e

Now I use Hoster and as the post above....will never go back to disc.

flipper
February 28th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Prior to hoster I used 2 JVC Triple Trays (RSQ players are good too)

Never 1 problem in 6 years!
:g

wackyquack
March 2nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
I am still using JVC 303's (triple tray). Bought my second one to complete my "backup rig" just recently. Never had a bit of trouble in 4 years

DJYale
March 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
Has anyone here used the Numark 25+G dual tray rack mount unit?

I've heard good things about them, but also know someone who bought one and the second player didn't work from the start when they got it.

Karaoke John
July 20th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I used to use a JVC Triple disk player have two of them and a separate DVD Player to play my DVD's also as a back up to play CDG's on two separate systems, Now I just use Hoster and a DVD I will be so glad when version 3.2 is here so I can do away with the DVD players altogether. Hoster is so much more fun than searching for disks and carrying disks ect. I don't even carry my regular CDG's anymore I have that much faith in Hoster and My laptop. I may just try to get the songs I have on DVD about 5 disks on CDG's and do away with the DVD's altogether.
"Life is Short Sing Loud":g
John

Karaoke Meister
July 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Has anyone here used the Numark 25+G dual tray rack mount unit?

I've heard good things about them, but also know someone who bought one and the second player didn't work from the start when they got it.
The main drawback to the Numark 25+G units is the lack of a digital keychanger. If you opt to go this route a neat trick is to use the pitch controls to slow a fast song down so it's a little easier to sing (think Baby Got Back). If you need a digital key changer you'd have to pick up a VocoPro keychanger or the Fleco unit.

BTW, I've heard of one having a bad second drive but it's the only one I've heard of. I've talked with a number of people that use them regularly and no one else has reported a failure.

swany
August 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I've got the JVC303s six of them, and a pair of Pioneers 2 tray. Like both but other than the pioneers being smaller and real cheap (used) I wouldn't buy one new.