PDA

View Full Version : Step Up Photos

kedmison
February 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Not sure where this thread needs to go but here is my idea...For those of who use Hoster are probably for the most part full time or part time Karaoke Hosts. We share all kinds of information on this web site as to how to perform better; how to handle rotation, etc. I think it would be of additional help if we shared some photos of how we actually have out equipment set up. I would think there would be a wealth of ideas out there that many of us hadn't thought of. I have a gig tonight so I will take a couple of pictures of how I utilize my laptop along with my gig rig set up. Just a thought,...what do you all think?

Kelly

Beavis
February 21st, 2005, 11:37 AM
i use a voco pro DA-9800 RV 300 watt receiver with seperate volume controls for the music & mic's..

it works fantastic. never short for power either.

admin
February 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
Great idea!

I moved this thread to the Singers and Hosts Wisdom Forum as its really not "Hoster Help" related. :w

jdavia
February 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM
How do you expect to share the photos? Post them here or upload them to your own web page.

I have been working on a site for a while but I am having a problem to get Netscape7 to show the CSS menu right. Each selected link on the menu writes a discription over a Karaoke screen-like image. It works perfect in IE6. I may go for it without Netscape. The idea for the site is to introduce myself and show images of the equipment and how they work.

Digital Party
February 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Nice Idea...I like it!!:g

jdavia
February 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Let me be the first on this thread to show my equipment and introduce myself.<a href="http://www.citlink.net/~jdavia/karaoke">Go Here</a>

Since you are looking, someone asked if MTU thought it was possible to show all the song files installed from each CD disk seperately. I have a html file that I use and anyone can edit for their own disks. Maybe MTU can get some ideas from it.
<a href="http://www.citlink.net/~jdavia/karaoke/SongDisk.html">Song on Disk</a>

Both are best viewed in Internet Explorer. They are brand new and need more work on them.

Digital Party
February 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Nice little setup there Joe. Love the lights!!:)

jdavia
February 27th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Nice little setup there Joe. Love the lights!!
Thanks Digital Party ......You should see the ones at home. I had a DJ see them and he was amazed. the lights move to the music, manually, in sequence, or any combination of the three, plus some can be stopped in any color I choose while the others still move. Each change required me to click switches. I solved that by making another unit to do it automatically so I can be free to roam. I designed the circuit boards and light housings from scratch and assembled them all in an octagon shaped unit above a dance floor in what was supposed to be my over sized 2 car garage. It is now my party room with a bar. They have been running since 1980 with no problems. Electronics is my hobby.

My line of work was architechural woodwork. Sounds like it is in the home building industry, no, it is related to it only because the products are custom made instead of ready made. I am retired, and designed the cart with a bare minimmum of material to weigh less. Most of the cart you see is the speakers still in their original boxes. All the components, lights too, are bolted down to the cart except the computer, printer, and Monitor.
I do a lot of traveling from the West coast to the East coast. Sometimes down south into Florida. So this kind of set-up is right for me at present. Who knows, one day TV may here about it and do a story. Then they may call me Traveling Karaoke Joe if I get popular enough before I leave here. Who knows!!!
I'm Looking for bookings pending on my travels, and can be contacted from my web pages.

PastMember
March 7th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Here's our system [click here] (http://dkusa.com/roadcase/case.htm)