PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

gotrich
February 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I ran into a guy at a local steak house who liked my show and we talked. COme to find out he use to have a music store in the area. He is now out of business and has 300 sound choice and priddis cassette TAPES.. I dont waht to do. I want to use them but how do i get tapes into my pc? Can anyone tell me how much i should offer him and can I get them into a CD format?

bobcox- with the Lord
February 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM
dont waste your money, tapes have audio only. no graphics, you would have to do every song in khp. a lot of work and poor audio to boot. just my 2 cents . Bob :)

George
February 16th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I agree with BOBCOX whole heartedly, but if you must do it, Edirol sells a USB audio interface device, the AUDIO CAPTURE UA-1A than interfaces between any type audio player to the p.c.

It has standard RCA stereo input and outputs. I use it to archive my L.P.'s on to cd's.

George

Garry A. Leslie
February 16th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hello gotrich,
I agree with what's already been said, but there might be some numbers among them that are not generally available eleswhere.
That's the only possible reason to buy tapes. I wouldn't give more than a couple of bucks for ones you might want.
I recently discovered a tape of "Louis Jordan with a number of songs not usually found, it was worth the time downloading the words and and running them on KHPro.
Again I can't stress enough www.audiotoolsdirect.com as a source for finding programmes for converting old music sources to PC.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry

gotrich
February 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM
I appreciate the input folks...I am so glad to have the opportunity to learn about all this from all of you!