PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio 2.303 says

GordonF
June 2nd, 2001, 02:47 PM
I had to remove my second SCSI card temporarily, and this card has my HP 9210e connected to it. I figured Microstudio would at least play tracks from the hard drive but instead it tells me it can't find a sound card. It also made the "chord.wav" sound when displaying the error message.:g

Shouldn't it at least be able to play stored tracks if it can't find a device to read or write tracks?

admin
June 3rd, 2001, 10:23 PM
Your timing is perfect. We are doing another major upgrade to fix errors and we had not seen these two before. We will research them immediately. Check the Microstudio Tech Support Forum for the problems and fixes that will be in V2.304. http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=528

admin
June 4th, 2001, 12:40 AM
Engineering has delved into your report. We display the missing sound card error message if either of two conditions are met:

1. A Direct Sound init failure due to the sound card truly missing

2. Microstudio's player CDR and CDROM drive list code fails to find any devices

In the case you reported, condition 2 caused the error and thus the message to appear. This is erroneous as we should allow playing from the hard drive if at least a sound card is available. We will address this and solve it quickly.

:c Great job! We really appreciate your report. It will make Microstudio more robust!