PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio won't reconize Plextor CD-R PX-W4824A

gwood19
February 2nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
After downloading upgrade 2.609, I tried to copy some disk. When I hit the detect drives - Nothing shows up in the box. But I have a good CD-R that Always worked before I bought the upgrade. Oh and I also Have Windows XP now which I didn't have before. What can I do to get the upgrade to recongize the Plextor drive?

bobcox- with the Lord
February 2nd, 2005, 01:48 AM
did you try re-booting computer. do other programs reconize burner. if ext make sure it is on when you bootup, and all conections are secure. Good Luck . Bob

MTUSUPPORT
February 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
As BobCox stated, you needed to Reboot at the end of the Installation.

If you did this and you still don't see the drives, then try searching for the file wnaspint.dll it should be located on your computer in the C:\Windows\System32 Directory. If you find this, then right click on it, left click Properties, left click the version Tab. Then on the bottom Left, click on Version and it should give you a number such as 1.16 or 1.20, this is the correct version.

If you have anything other than 1.20 here then delete the file and Reinstall the Microstudio, it will then upgrade the version to the latest.

chief_red_bull
February 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I Do Have The 1.20 Version And It Still Don't Reconize My Plextor As Cdg

MTUSUPPORT
February 22nd, 2005, 04:42 PM
This means that something is wrong with your Motherboard drivers. Try updating all of these from your Computer Manufacturers website. There might also be some other software on your system that is causing a conflict.

This problem is a real pain to fix, due to it being specific to a single computer. If all else fails, you might have to format the system and reload Windows to fix it.