PDA

View Full Version : vcd & cdg

gotrich
January 28th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I recently bought a VCD and thought it was a CDG. Can anyone tell me how to use this in hoster?

quaizywabbit
January 28th, 2005, 05:43 AM
you can convert the audio to wav and create a cdg file with it using KHP
aside from that you'd have to use WMP

DJYale
January 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM
probably easier to contact the company you bought it from and see about exchanging it...

gotrich
January 28th, 2005, 09:20 PM
ok I don't have the other programs yet. I can't exchange it since the fine print said no exchanges..I goofed there I thought it was a cdg. looks like im done ugh?

quaizywabbit
January 28th, 2005, 09:23 PM
perhaps windows media player can play it

DJYale
January 28th, 2005, 09:23 PM
even though it says no exchanges, I'd still try to contact them about it anyhow ....

djmadmaxx
January 29th, 2005, 11:05 AM
windows media player, quicktime, ati media player and many others will play your VCD's

admin
January 30th, 2005, 11:53 AM
We are now working on importing CDG files from the hard drive (imported with Microstudio), then BIN files, format shifting both into KMA files.

After that, we will take MP3G and ZIP files, leave them in their native .mp3 and .cdg format files, but write our KMA header contents to their .mp3 file ID3 header.

After that, we will import VCD and DVD tracks from a Disc, converting them to an AVI file with our KMA header contents.

All these will be "imported" into the Songs Database including a BookID so you can add them to the Playlist, search for them, and print them in your Songs Books. The Build Songs Database command will be automatically updated with all folders where these files are located so they will be included with any future re-build of the Database.

We expect to beta test these functions during Feb and March. We were going to add some major functions, but decided to get this out faster as 3.100, making this a free upgrade to all who have 3.0.

Get on board now if you don't own hoster. After 3.100 releases, there may be a price increase.

gotrich
January 31st, 2005, 08:14 AM
Yea Hoster!!!!!!!

songpony
February 11th, 2005, 04:23 PM
It's nice that 3.1 will load VCDs similarly to a CDG, but most of my videos are on Laser Disks. Since Hoster will likely never accommodate the actual loading of Lasers, I have all my video songs (from Lasers, VCDs and DVDs) loaded to my computer as .mpg files. I'm currently playing them through Windows Media Player, but would really like to be able to play them through Hoster. Any (near future) plans to allow .mpg files to be played through Hoster as has been done with .mp3 files? I have more than 1200 videos, and the only way it's feasible for me to do something other than what I currently am is if Hoster will play the files in their existing format (with either a .mpg or .wmv extension). Thanks! :s

djmadmaxx
February 11th, 2005, 04:30 PM
there are programs that will convert your mpeg files so you can burn them to vcd so you can then import to hoster. roxio cd creator has this option. Personly i used a tarapin stand alone VCD recorder to archive my old laser discs.

songpony
February 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I've tried WinDVD Creator and I get it in VCD format, but it doesn't keep the songs as individual tracks - it puts them all together into a single large video. Plus, with 1200+ songs, I'd be burning a heck of a lot of disks - I'd rather just continue to play through WMP.

djmadmaxx
February 12th, 2005, 06:10 PM
do you have cdg's also??. Perhaps just import the songs you DON'T have on other formats. why have several versions imported, only 2% of my tracks are on VCD or laserdisc now.