PDA

View Full Version : New (play)Version Still Clips Some Name Brand Songs

jahern
May 29th, 2001, 07:51 PM
I had the impression that some 2 second read ahead problem was fixed. Unfortunately the discs of one store brand cdg (Multi-Karaoke)company are not played properly by Microstudio. This brand seems to end the track almost simultaneously with the music on most of their productions. I had high hopes that the "clipping" problem would be addressed by fixing the 2 second thing. I would love to use my computer as a player for my home enjoyment. If this problem isn't fixed, I can't depend on it. The clipping occurs while playing only both the cdg disc and the corresponding extracted file.

admin
May 30th, 2001, 09:39 AM
We need your version number to address this problem. I doubt very seriously whether the 2 second required CDG period at the start of a song has anything to do with the problem you are reporting. The 2 seconds triggers a Karaoke Player box into displaying the lyrics or not. It has no other impact that we are aware of. Our play code does not turn the lyrics off if there are not 2 seconds of CDG code at the start.

Can you send us a copy of the disc that is cutting off the end? If you do, please include a note in the shipment about the problem you are experiencing with this disc.

Microstudio V2.303 is released with email notices sent to all clients last night. I hope there is no problem. To my knowledge, you are the only user reporting this problem. Without an example disc that exhibits the problem on our test computers, it will be nearly impossible to track and solve this type of problem.

Thanks!

jahern
June 20th, 2001, 08:18 PM
I have sent two discs to MTU, per admin request. The first disc was a cdg audio copy of a disc made by Multikaraoke. I have also included Files of these songs. (Included a file extracted using Goldenhawk and a song made from the file) Everything gives the same result: The song stops just before the true ending. This includes playing the original disc (which of course I did not send).

Of course I cannot play files on the usual players. However, everything I have recorded on to disc using this brand plays just fine on other players. Only Microstudio Play does the clipping. Did my discs help? Were they received? Is there any more info on why this is happening? Do you get a similar result?

admin
June 20th, 2001, 10:04 PM
We did receive the discs and have spent several hours reviewing them. At present, we have not identified what is happening. Given the hectic pace we have been working to get Microstudio out, and fixing known bugs and upgrades, we did not have time to further research what is happening with your discs.

Once we get through this crunch, we will look at them again. Corbin also sent us some Nutech songs that really have some wierd RW coding. We got deep into that also, but did not have time to evolve what to do with Microstudio's player. Both of these discs will take many hours to evaluate, which we will do.

We have rewritten much of our player code, and have not had time to run your discs through it again. It is possible that we have fixed the problem... or not. We are expecting to release 2.310 to the public probably on Friday 06/23. Then you can test it.

We will be doing a total rewrite of our player later this summer into the Fall. I expect that upgrade will play yours and Corbin's discs.

jahern
June 25th, 2001, 08:35 PM
Well, some good and bad news. The bad news is that 2310 still clips some of the songs from the Multikaraoke company. The good news is that this company seems to have realized that it needed to change something. The song I suggested that you focus on "Volver, Volver" is a famous Mexican mariachi song sung famously by Vicente Fernandez. In the Mariachi collection that I sent you, the song is clipped. The same musical track was produced for the compilation for Vicente, and his son Alejandro Fernandez. In this later disc, although the music is exactly the same, there is a very noticeable piece of "nothing" at the end of the song. The music plays all the way to the end and I look at a blue screen for 4 or 5 seconds before Microstudio Play makes a switch. I am optimistic that the company now makes all their discs so that there is a little blank screen or Logo time after the music stops.

jahern
February 23rd, 2002, 10:50 AM
It has been a while and I still have not received notification of a
Microstudio version that doesn't have this problem. I recently purchased a batch of CDG's called SUPERCORE in order to get a good supply of useable songs. Several of these songs clip short when played on the computer. My version of Microstudio is 2311. Do I have to pay more to have this problem fixed? (If I understood right upgrades after this version carried an extra charge)

WILL YOUR HOSTER PROGRAM HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM??

Don't get me wrong, I love your company. I am thinking about using my computer for get-togethers etc. and several of the songs that I have are not useable for performance using my computer. You did not tell me that the discs I sent ran perfectly on your computers, so I assume that it is a problem with the software.

As an afterthought, will any of your software, microstudio or the hoster program, accomodate real-time key changing??? (No biggie. I have a mixer for that)