PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics out of sync - Nikkodo modified their CDG timing!

Bewildered
May 26th, 2001, 01:32 PM
Some cdgs record but the lyrics start and vanish way ahead of the music

admin
May 27th, 2001, 05:48 PM
I have several questions for you, if you would please answer them for us: :?

1. Who is the manufacturer of the discs that are changed?

2. Did you use the Microstudio Duplicate Disc Tab, or the Custom Assembly Tab to make the disc copy?

3. What version of Microstudio are you running (click the Help menu, About Microstudio... command)?

4. Can you send us a disc copy that exhibits this problem?

5. In your computer, what is your processor type (Pentium II, III, AMD K6, Duron, Athelon, etc.) and what is the clock speed (350MHz, 600MHz, etc.)?

We don't ever remember having this problem reported, so we are interested in digging for the cause. :w

Bewildered
May 28th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Dear sir thanks for your attention. Yes I can send a copy I have several of this one. It has happened before but can't remeber what disc. Pentiun 2 350 128 meg ram scsi plex 8-20 has made 100 disc version 2.2.0.0 Duplicate disc. Brand is N SAVP13 pop hits. Address for mailing ? Joel

admin
May 28th, 2001, 09:20 PM
MTU
6900 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615

admin
May 29th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Bewildered, please answer questions #1, 2 and 3 that are posted above. This is very important for us to know where to look.

When you send the disc, please include a message with your Forum username (Bewildered) and that this disc has the lyrics start and vanish ahead of the audio.

Thanks!

admin
June 2nd, 2001, 08:57 AM
Please read my posts above and answer questions #1, 2 and 3 above. :w

We need this info to track down the problem. We are now working on Microstudio V2.304, hoping to release within 2 weeks. Thus, your aswers to the above can help us find and fix the problem if it is in our program code. We also need the disc to try and reproduce your problem.

Thanks for reporting this and helping us find it. :w

Bewildered
June 2nd, 2001, 08:22 PM
The disc is nikkodo
Duplicate disc tab
version 2.2.0.0
I'm sending the disc and the flawed copy
to help you out.

admin
June 2nd, 2001, 11:17 PM
I have spoken with the ex-Marketing Manager for Nikkodo. He told me that Nikkodo modified the CDG timing on the discs they produced. :e This was done to make them run only on the Nikkodo Karaoke Player box. :r

That explains why you are having problems duplicating their discs. We will work on modifying Microstudio to copy their discs, or play them either. They did a real no-no. They are no longer in business. Any wonder why? :w

Bewildered
November 10th, 2001, 03:41 PM
O K now Music Maestro does the same thing
clone cd demo works fine but I bought this program and don't intend to buy one for every brand

George
November 10th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Bewildered, how old a disc is the Music Maestro ? Am curious because all my Music Maestro's backed up just fine, but I haven't purchased a new one in a few months. Am wondering if the industry is starting to follow Sound Choices lead, but have modified the bug so's discs will play in a p.c., but not copy. Just a thought.

take care,

George

Bewildered
November 10th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Music Maestro 6345 pop hits today vol 16 If it was a new trick why does clonedisc demo work ?

George
November 10th, 2001, 11:11 PM
Don't have the foggiest idea. Simply was wondering if The MM was purchased recently and was bugged, especially considering the uniqueness of the problem. That's all.

Take care,

George

gagrice
December 6th, 2001, 05:00 PM
I see others have had problems with SAV Disks. I can get a clean copy that will play fine. I just cannot get it to play with Microstudio. I get double rows of words and disappearing words. Some of these disks are 4 or 5 years old with the same result as the new SAV/BMB disks. It happens playing from the disk or copying to the hard drive and playing. Any suggestions?

Bewildered
December 6th, 2001, 05:05 PM
This has occured on several brands I simply use clonedisc now on these same disc and it works fine.