PDA

View Full Version : DKKaraoke Sure Disappoints You Sometimes..

Digital Party
December 18th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Howdy,

You know what is dissappointing......waiting for over an hour to sing. Then when it is time to sing, the version the host has is DK and you did not know it. DK is known for recording their songs in a lower key then the original version sometimes.

I was at the local place last night and got caught like this.....not anyones fault, mind you.....I was just a little disappointed after waiting a long time.:f

What do Y'all think?

djmadmaxx
December 18th, 2004, 01:21 PM
That's why i never invested much in their products. i have just a few DK's.. I went with the pioneer LD's and c\dg's when i first started. That's what key changers are for. No Karaoke company should EVER change the key... that's up to the singer.

quaizywabbit
December 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM
probably contributed to them going out of business......

Digital Party
December 18th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Yea....you might be right about that one:t

G-Force
December 21st, 2004, 01:50 AM
For the most part, DK presented the best value for the money when they first came out. And with the Milennium set, you basically got twice as many songs as the SC Foundation sets. DK's were a good set to start off a library, and I have many singers who don't want anything but DK. Some of DK's discs blow other companies out of the water, and some are horrid. But that is the way with every manufacturer out there. One example is dkp1102, the Neil Diamond disc. That is by far the best compilation of diamond songs out there. None of the other brands come close including SC. The SC is horrible, and I refuse to use it. The tempos are off and the instrumentation doesn't even come close to the originals. I don't even want to talk about the Music Maestro, legends and Sunfly diamond discs. The same goes for UK Karaoke's John Mellencamp disc. They are the only ones with an accurate version of Pink houses. All the other Manufacturers messed up the timing at the end with the lyrics including SC. SC's saving grace with me tho is they have the best version of Cherry Bomb out there. But my point is every Manufacturer out there has bum tracks. Many have more than others. Don't knock DK too hard, they were the standard core collection for years. They had to be doing something right.