PDA

View Full Version : Problem with .wav file - It was 40.1KHz sample rate!

jdavia
December 15th, 2004, 11:16 PM
I have a wav song in stereo. KHP will except it and the words, but will not allow you to create a CDG from it. Instead it emmits an awful sound.
It it possible to have KHP recognise it as Mono, or convert it to mono, or just make a mono recording from the stereo wav?
If not can you program KHP to allow it?

djmadmaxx
December 16th, 2004, 07:42 AM
It should already be accepting ANY wav file.. stereo or mono. Every Track i've done with these programs is in stereo.

George
December 16th, 2004, 08:29 AM
JDAVIA,

There's something wrong at your end.

When you say it emits an awful sound, that sounds like a distinct possibiliy the file you are using was not saved at the proper attributes of 44.1KHZ Audio Sample Rate, and 16 bit audio sample size(wave signed).

You can check these settings out. Go into your songlist, right click on the track in question, click properties, click summary. Those two settings should be listed there with a couple of others. If anything but 44(44.1)KHZ/16 bit, that's the problem.

Where did you get the track, off the internet?

George

jdavia
December 16th, 2004, 11:48 PM
When you say it emits an awful sound, that sounds like a distinct possibiliy the file you are using was not saved at the proper attributes of 44.1KHZ Audio Sample Rate, and 16 bit audio sample size(wave signed).

George you hit it right.
40.1KHZ Audio Sample Rate, and 16 bit audio sample size(wave signed)
The song is Rudolph the red nose Reindeer. I have words that are pretty funny, thought it would make for some fun at a Xmas show. It was downloaded. I'll check them out next time
Thanks

George
December 17th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Glad to help.

If you have someone close by that has an audio editing program they could probably re-sample the track for you in a couple of minutes or so, if you can't find a useable one otherwise..

If you have an original on a cd, and have Vogone, you may be able to knock Gene out of there if it's stereo, and use it.

Take care,

George