PDA

View Full Version : DJ program that shows allready played songs

Rippera
November 10th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I am looking for a DJ program that shows allready played songs. Is there any free one out there or does anyone use one now that they think is good? It must show a song already played or perhaps "remove it from the play list". My down fall is I forget at times what I played and have not played in a night... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone use Hoster to DJ? I just purchased it (about 50 hours of downloading discs to go...) and now I want to run a program for KJ and DJ at the same time...

Ripper

CochrellGary
November 10th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Rippera,

An excellent program (not cheap) is OtsDJ. It's a proffesional DJing piece of software that will do what you want and more. I use it for bumper music between karaoke songs. Put OtsDJ through a seperate sound card and you can fade in and out with Hoster.

Gary

djmadmaxx
November 10th, 2004, 05:53 PM
a great DJ program is BPM Studio.. it's not cheap, but it's awesome. Hoster is not made for dj work. I believe that pcdj red also has the features you're looking for and it costs less.. around $99

DJYale
November 11th, 2004, 07:00 PM
PCDJ FX is a good source for this, however it's not cheap.

It allows you to set up a wait list ahead of time and will automatically move to the next song in the list.

It will also remove the songs from the wait list and it keeps a log in a separate tab of all the already played songs.

Rippera
November 12th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I found one that was free and works great! Thanks for the input... OTS is Awesome but I don't want all the glam stuff, I want to keep it simple...

Mix Vibes from cnet...

Ripper

kedmison
November 15th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't Hoster already do all that? Mine does that with karaoke. If I loaded regular music in it, it would do the same thing.

Kelly

DJYale
November 15th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I love hoster for it's karaoke features, however, it leaves a lot open as far as playing regular music for DJ purposes.

Options of dual decks, cueing, cross-fading, beat mixing, equalization, loop mixing, BPM adjustments, etc...

It all depends on your needs really.

gduns - with the Lord
November 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
anyone using BPM Studio that has trouble with .wma files? I have all my stuff on wma, and prefer them, but Bpm seems to have a lot of problem with them. I used to use windows media player till i upgraded to version 10 , and now it is unusable the playlists are not user friendly anymore. and you can't go back to ver 9 after you have installed 10 once.