PDA

View Full Version : Guitaraoke

gduns - with the Lord
November 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Anyone hear about this. It is supposed to be something that is new and starting to roll. What do you think?

http://www.karaokewh.com/item_details.cfm?tracking=6&ProdID=6358

quaizywabbit
November 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
actually i kinda like the idea....from a guitar players pov.
I've played for quite a few years, but lose my concentration when trying to sing as well as play( its a mental block)

As far as the hosting side of it, we get the occasional guitar or harmonica dude (usually quite annoying) We try our best to accomodate them (within reason)

unless you're a guitar player yourself, and/or desire to host "open mic" sessions, then i'd just let them buy the stuff.

djmadmaxx
November 9th, 2004, 07:11 PM
i'll buy these discs when they come out with some decent songs on them. it's kind of like THM's band in a box discs from last year. I sometimes bring my yngwie malmsteen strat and a johnson j-station and jam along with friends.

Eric Whitehouse
December 1st, 2004, 02:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I suggested adding this feature or some form of template to do this into Khp back in October 2001. See below

New Ideas for KHP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just wondering if it would be possible to be able to write song lyrics and guitar chords , using formats such as Chord Pro, etc to a Cdg.
It would enable people to extract songs from programs such as Cowpie and Olga, and even transpose the song using logue.net.
I'm sure it would make a lot guitar pickers like me who can't remember lyrics or chords very happy

i.e.

SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN
By Johnny Cash

INTRO A

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
D E A
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
A F#m
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
E
So I had one more for dessert
A D
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
A F#m
And found my cleanest dirty shirt
D E
Then I washed my face and combed my hair

Stumbled down the stairs to meet the day

DJYale
December 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM
The one club a little ways from me used to have "open mic" nights, they also had some "in-house" musicians to fill in and it was kinda fun.

If they get some more selections for these discs I'd probably get em just to play around with at home.