PDA

View Full Version : No other audio sounds with Microstudio open - fixed in V2.300

RickSRQ
May 1st, 2001, 04:56 PM
I can't get MicroStudio 2. to beep when done writing to hard drive or writing to disc.

admin
May 1st, 2001, 10:09 PM
Hi. Never had this reported before, so I strongly expect it is your computer setup.

Does your computer beep with other operations associated with other programs? If not, you need to change your audio settings.

To adjust the audio volume and bass/treble go to Start->programs->accessories->Multimedia->volumne control. Then, hit the advance button to make adjustments. The default should be fine but just like any other CD player you can adjust these sound parameters.

RickSRQ
May 18th, 2001, 10:56 AM
My sound is configured just fine. Sound runs in every other application and all Windows sounds are working. What is strange is when MicroStudio is open, I cannot even run test sounds. I get an error that says the sound card is in use. It has to be in use by MicroStudio because it is the only thing running besides Explorer. The sound card is in use by MicroStudio, yet MicroStudio plays no sounds. I need to hire a monkey to mind the pc while I work I guess.

admin
May 18th, 2001, 12:26 PM
You are right about the audio port. While Microstudio is open, it leaves the audio port assigned to it after it plays the first time. :s

This performance has been changed in our next release (Monday 05/21/01?) so the audio port is freed after playing ends. Check the http://www.mtu.com/basics/news.htm page on Monday for release of Microstudio V2.300. That is what you want.

Also, make sure you have clicked on the Beep option whenever it is visible.