PDA

View Full Version : Can't Import with 2.219

sassonsb
October 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I successfully upgrade from 2.014 to 2.219 however I can't seem to import a new CDG disk. I select the band and disk id#. Usually at this point the song names appear below but nothing happens. For book id, I select 'next'. Then when I select 'Read CD Tracks', I get a Hoster error message that reads: Too few parameters. Expected 2. (3061) Would you like to see help? There's no help to be found and the program freezes at this point. I have to use control-Alt-Del to end the program. Any suggests? Stephen

CochrellGary
October 24th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Make sure you have selected your default CDG drive. Look under "Tools" then
"CD/DVD Drives Defaults...".

Gary

sassonsb
October 24th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Gary, Thanks for your reply. I have a Plexwriter Premium CD drive. It worked fine with my earlier version of Hoster. When I checked under Hoster tools, it was listed as my default driver. Any others ideas? Stephen

CochrellGary
October 24th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Stephen,

Another shot in the dark, make sure the CDG you are trying to import isn't Mediaclog protected. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'll keep thinking about your problem. Maybe I'll have another idea. I'm sure others on the forum will will have some suggestions.

Gary

mindonstrike
October 25th, 2004, 05:48 AM
I had the same problem with an earlier upgrade.
Reinstalling fixed it.

Sam

sassonsb
October 25th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Gary, I tried putting in CDGs that I had previously been successful in importing. The same problem occurred. Do the folks at Hoster provide any help when people have problems? I sent them an email directly about this but received no reply nor have they replied via this forum. Stephen

Beavis
October 25th, 2004, 07:44 AM
do you have windows sp2 ??

admin
October 25th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Gary, I tried putting in CDGs that I had previously been successful in importing. The same problem occurred. Do the folks at Hoster provide any help when people have problems? I sent them an email directly about this but received no reply nor have they replied via this forum. Stephen
Hey... it was Sunday when you posted! :r Can't we have a day off? :t

Click the Tools menu CDG-VCD-DVD Drives... command. In the dialog box, click the drop down list and select the drive you want, EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY SELECTED. :e

Sometimes there is a wierd problem where it appears in the list, but doesn't appear to Hoster. :r Go figure!!!! We've done everything we can to overcome this but it may still be a problem... it used to be. :s

Click the OK button to close the dialog. Hopefully this will solve your problem. :w

MTUSUPPORT
October 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Try what I have posted in this Post also: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=4640

sassonsb
October 26th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I looked in the database folder and found two bucket files. One was 18.5 MB and the other 128 bytes. I reistalled v. 2.219 and it created a new bucket file that was 10.7 MB. I was then able to import the new CDG. Thanks for all of you help. Am I correct in assuming that the 10.7 MB bucket file is the latest and greatest? Stephen

MTUSUPPORT
October 27th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Sassonsb,
The new database was converted to 32 bit which actually shrunk the size of the file, this is why the new file is so much smaller.