PDA

View Full Version : Ready to by the best CD+g recorder you have

killzone
October 24th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I just bought a CD+G recorder from a local retailer, paid $800.00 for this piece of work. This was a birthday gift for my brother, and its on its way back to this retailer.

So before purchasing the duplicator from MTU how do you know which CDGs are protected with MediaCloq or which ones can't be duplicated. My brother disposed of the original sleves and cases when he purchases them. Is there a symbol or mark on the cd or any way to find out w/o actually trying duplicating them.

At Your Mercy............

Nitecat
October 25th, 2004, 01:35 PM
It should say Mediacloq on the disc itself. Mine do. It appears around the center hole.

killzone
October 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Thank you ............:)

DougC
November 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I just bought a CD+G recorder from a local retailer, paid $800.00 for this piece of work. This was a birthday gift for my brother, and its on its way back to this retailer.

So before purchasing the duplicator from MTU how do you know which CDGs are protected with MediaCloq or which ones can't be duplicated. My brother disposed of the original sleves and cases when he purchases them. Is there a symbol or mark on the cd or any way to find out w/o actually trying duplicating them.

At Your Mercy............

As mentioned by Nitecat, the disc should state that it is mediacloq encrypted. However, most were in the Sound Choice 8700 series, not much else.

Most everything else can be backed up, including the multi-session CDG discs as well. Feel free to call me at x201 if you wish to discuss the topic further.

Regards,

Doug Cox
MTU