PDA

View Full Version : Sound Choice

computex13
August 10th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Is there a way to tell if the Sound Choice cd+g have MediaClog? I am ready to buy Hoster, but 90% of my disks are Sound Choice and if they don't work with Hoster then I may as well keep doing it the old fashion way. Since I hae been buying these for years, the receipts are long gone.

Mark

MTUSUPPORT
August 10th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Mark,
If the Sound Choice Discs have the MediaCloq protection, they state this on the Disc Itself. It should have some type of warning, that states that the disc will not play in a computer, and that it is protected by MediaCloq.

This should help you find it, but it will have it printed on the discs.

admin
August 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I believe I have heard that the word "MediaCloq" is pressed into the disc media around the hub hole. Look right around the hub to see if it is there. I doubt if SC wants to make it very visible. :r

mikedomi
August 10th, 2004, 01:07 PM
ther is not a sound choice out there that hoster wont play
there are about 25 you have to do a little work on but 25 out of 2000 is not bad

hoster will import most of the sound choice disc right off the bat
when you come to a disc that is protected you will know it
so import all you can then go back and fix the others
no reason to still use your disc
hoster will play all the disc i know this for a fact

Island Extreme
August 10th, 2004, 05:05 PM
The Media Cloq Disks say "Protected by Media Cloq" right on the disks on near the bottom of the disk a little but towards the middle, There are only a small percentage of them and you can contact Sound Choice and have them replaced for $5.95.

I ran all of my parties from Backup disks after getting ripped off AND having disks go bad from drunks (including myself) handling them too much and not carefully enough.

contact them and have them replaced! www.soundchoice.com

S. Parks
August 10th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Mike,
you say with a little work Hoster will play all the Sound Choice disc. just currious how did you pull this off? I own a couple media clog disc (which is clearly marked on the disc label) and Hoster will not recognize these disc in my plextor drive, thus there the only disc I own that aren't imported. How did you get around this? BTW, microstudio won't read them either. :?

mikedomi
August 10th, 2004, 06:03 PM
s parks you have blocked any pm or emails to you i am not going to tell you how to do this in open forum
if you want to know how
you are going to have to pm me with your email or open your pm link in this forum
then i will let you know how to do this

S. Parks
August 10th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Ok Mike, you should be able to e-mail me now. :)

jsmith
August 11th, 2004, 03:00 AM
S. Parks, if Mike's workaround doesn't help you let me know. I've got 20 MediaCloq discs in my system. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the workaround. :)

kj n texas
August 11th, 2004, 11:32 AM
I am using Hoster. :) Works great!!! :) :) I have imported several Sound Choice disc. Only a few had problems.

The newer SC disc use multi-session. I was having a problem with extraction of the last song. I used MicroStudio to resolve the issue.

Good Luck,

kj n texas :) :)

bobcox- with the Lord
August 11th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Not All disc are marked media-clog but the do have three bars around inside center hub, hold it up to light and you can see them.BOB

MTUSUPPORT
August 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Mike,
Please Post your Way to get around this here. I asked Admin, and he said that it was Ok for you to post how to do this with using the Disc Juggler Software.

nreel
August 13th, 2004, 01:51 PM
FYI

MediaCloq:
1. MediaCloq is no longer used by SoundChoice.
2. You will find MediaCloqed Discs, predominately, in the Spotlight 8700 Series and possibly the last part of the Spotlight 8600 Series...I seem to recall one in there somewhere.
3. MediaCloq is NOT labeled on all discs...I have an 8706 that is Not Labeled, but is a MediaCloqed Disc. 99% are labeled, in the "Black," located near the bottom-right of the disc.
4. SoundChoice WILL REPLACE these MediaCloqed Discs for FREE...you pay the Shipping Costs to send your Discs BACK, and, you pay for the Shipping Costs for SoundChoice to send the Replacement to you.
5. SoundChoice DOES NOT have replacements for ALL MediaCloqed Discs. If a MediaCloqed Disc did NOT sell very well, SoundChoice DOES NOT order more STOCK of something that is NOT going to Sell.
6. Call SoundChoice and talk to a Representative. State the numbers, of the Discs in question, to see if they are available for replacement.
7. Yes, there are ways to RIP the Tracks.

Multisession:
1. Currently, not all SoundChoice Discs are Multisession.
2. All SoundChoice Non-Multisession Discs are made Multisession as stock is depleted and NEW STOCK is ordered. (So, this is not going away, and Multisession is, now, used by TOP TUNES and a few other Brands)
3. Multisession is the SIMPLEST Form of, so called, Copy Protection to RIP.

Norm

mikedomi
August 13th, 2004, 02:00 PM
norm there are 3 in the 8300 series this
was there first attemp at this these were the one that would not play on some cdg players
not all people got this disc because they stop it early on in the print

by the way how are you ??
not to much longer !!!
see you mike