PDA

View Full Version : plextor 708A

joboo027
August 3rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
I have the plextor 708a cd burner. When playing cdg disc, I get a clicking sopund through my sound system. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate this???

Thanks

jahern
August 3rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Is it a constant or intermittant clicking? I've had intermittant clicking and had some successs when dealing with the hardware acceleration settings.

joboo027
August 4th, 2004, 08:08 AM
the clicking is steady, not very loud, but I hear it clearly when standing in front of the speakers.

jahern
August 4th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Is it just one disc? (Sorry to ask, I imagine that some people only have one to start with) Maybe the disc is defective.

Does your computer click when you play cdg files? Hardware accelaration settings might have to be changed. (Someone else needs to chime in on ideal settings for your particular computer setup)

Do the files created by the 708A click?

Do the files created by the 708A click where files created by a different drive do not?

I would like to definitely isolate the place where the problem occurs.

joboo027
August 4th, 2004, 01:51 PM
the clicking occurres on any cdg disc, even some I have made. I have not noticed it when playing the files from the hard drive, but will check that tonight I am running win 2000. I will try some different settings for accel. and let you know. Thanks

ps: is there a filter I could plug in to the disc drive????