PDA

View Full Version : Mediaclog

bobcox- with the Lord
July 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM
:m :m :m I just sent 10 media clog disc to sound chioce, $72.00 and they sent me back 10 new media clog disc. said they will replace disc, but if its media cloged thats what you get back. they dont have to replace media cloged with no media cloged. MAD BOB :m :m :m :m

bdayton
July 28th, 2004, 08:58 AM
:m :m :m I just sent 10 media clog disc to sound chioce, $72.00 and they sent me back 10 new media clog disc. said they will replace disc, but if its media cloged thats what you get back. they dont have to replace media cloged with no media cloged. MAD BOB :m :m :m :m

That's bad news! :m I had heard, (On the MTU Forms), that they were being required to replace them with non-cloged disks. If this is not true, then I am questioning why we have not discovered this sooner?

Has anyone out there actually managed to sucessfully get a media-cloged disk replaced by Sound Choice? If so, were there any special procedures or hoops that you had to jump through?

Is there any reasonable way to determine if a CD is media-cloged BEFORE you waste your money buying it?

kedmison
July 28th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Maybe this will help get it started. This is a list of the following SC discs I have that have Medicaclog.

SC#

Kelly

CochrellGary
July 28th, 2004, 09:58 AM
I have SC8367 that is also Mediaclog protected. I sent the disk to Sound Choice for replacement and it was returned. Their explaination was that that disk was not produced in a non Mediaclog format. They said I could have the disk back or replace it with another disk. I asked them to return the disk and I have since created my own CDG disk of SC8367. Luckily this was and will be the only Medisclog disk in my library.

Gary

bobcox- with the Lord
July 28th, 2004, 09:59 AM
8706-8708 8726 8730-31-34 , they have three bars around the center hub, also most have a little cyclone printed on them. but not all, they did replace 7 of them for me, but some will never be replaced they said they are not redoing them in uncloged versions, but I could buy most of the songs on their custom disc at $5.00 a song. yea right, BOB :m :m PS. they said no one told them they had to replace them. they are doing it on their own.

Wallymeister
July 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I have had Five or Six MediaCloq discs and had successfully copied them. Four of them were fairly easy but still very time consuming. Especially when you take in to consideration the time I spent researching suggested methods. The last Two I had, I thought would be fairly simple but much to my dismay they drove me crazy trying so, I called SC and they told me they would replace them with non-MediaCloq discs. However, One of the discs I had they said they didn't have any in print that weren't MC. But they would replace the disc with any other disc I wanted. Long story short I chose to keep them both and continue my quest to copy them. I finally succeeded but not without a great deal of time and effort. It is definately a combination of software and hardware that makes the difference. I did tell SC I wanted to replace them because they wouldn't play in DVD karaoke player. Which they wouldn't. Don't use that anymore.

I used a Sony CRX-140E and a competitors software to finally accomplish the task.

I did make a post on this forum some time back but it appears it has been deleted. Probably because of competitors software mentioned.

Hope this helps,
Wally :g

swany
July 29th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I too have the media clog sound choice disks and need about 85 songs so I can have back ups. I have looked over the list that karaokefreedom has and they list every song I need at $1 a song. These are all Sound Choice cdg and they seem to be able to reproduce them some how, at a buck a song I think I'll go with them and see what can be done.

jimbo
July 30th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Not sure how legit karaokefreedom is. You may want to check it out first. Try calling Sound Choice and see what they say.