PDA

View Full Version : Mixing sounds????

gotrich
July 21st, 2004, 02:04 AM
I noticed that when I play music through my mixer I get highs in one speaker and lows in the other. I notices when i play mp3s or music in media player or any player I can turn down one speaker and get drums and highs and the other will have more guitar and lows. Is this good or woul dit be better if I could get all sounds blended like in a car stereo so all the sounds come of each speaker the same? how would I do it?

Rich

kedmison
July 21st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Sounds to me like you are coming out of your mixer in stereo. I kj and use a Mackie cfx-12 mixer. I set it up so it plays mono. That way as you say, the same thing comes out of both speakers. At home it's fine to listen to "stereo." But in a club or anyplace your playing to the public it's best to be in mono. That way no matter where you audience is sitting, they all here the "same thing."

Kelly

mlepine
July 21st, 2004, 11:50 AM
Why mono :? :?

If the track is stereo why not enjoy the effect? Even know you are Live you can still hear the stereo effect if you're sitting between the two speakers?

gotrich
July 21st, 2004, 11:22 PM
I run a mackie DFX-12 also how do you set the MP3's to mono?

It is usefull to set to mono because what if the two speakers are somewhat far a part in a large room. one speaker sounds different in the room. Not everyone can sit in the center...someone is always closer to one or the other..

Rich

"I know, that it's only karaoke, but I like it, like it, yes I do."

gotrich
October 29th, 2004, 06:54 AM
come to find out i had a loose wire in my sub..lol ROOKIES! LOL

Karaoke John
August 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Some of the problem is the way the music is recorded. For instance Karaoke Disks especially ones that are multiplexed are recorded with the vocals either on the right side or left. They are not true stereo! In a lot of cases I have clientel telling me that they only hear the music coming from one side the other side is mostly the singer if I have it set up for stereo. Now I am not identifying the songs as multiplexed when I import them and it fools the program into thinking that the music is in the center. and it will come out of both speakers if I run two or Out of Mains/Monitors if I have it set up that way. I run mono mode when using mains/monitor setup to prevent less feedback. seems to be working I notice a real difference in the sound when using this technique of not identifying multiplexed disks. especially when the guide vocals aren't being used. I also run the sound into a super channel right/ left on one channel that combines both sides. This gives me way more control over it than just using the stereo input.

John