PDA

View Full Version : Hookup guide for DFX12 mixer

fairway01
July 19th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Hi,

I am trying to hookup my laptop to my dfx12 with 2 mics and then route to my receiver. With the hookups I tried I get nothing, no sound at all. Could someone please help me with the connections (exactly where they would go) because at this point I'm at a loss and becomming frustrated. A diagram would be great but exact input/output labels would help.

Thanks,
T

jaddams
July 20th, 2004, 12:41 AM
T,

The information you're seeking for your DFX12 mixer can be downloaded from the Mackie's website. There you'll find the product page, specifications, the owner's manual and Bingo! A hook-up guide.

Just click here! (http://www.mackie.com/support/downloads/manuals.html)

Good luck

Jon

admin
July 20th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I think you'll get more traffic on this in this different forum. :w

gduns - with the Lord
September 13th, 2004, 08:54 AM
actually I am running a dfx12 mixer, and it works great. use a trs 1/8" -> 2 1/4" cable from the computer sound channel (usually Green) into the 11/12 stereo input. (right most inputs) make sure the mute isnt turned on. plug in your mics into the far left niputs on the mackie. and make sure they are not muted.

By all means read the manual it is liike a manual for dummies verry simple

the outputs from the mixer (xlr connectors on the top rt of the mixer)go to the inputs on your amp.

let me know if you need more help.

djmadmaxx
September 13th, 2004, 04:28 PM
how are you hooking up to it? i have a CFX12 which is kinda like the big brother to it.