PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio crashes my computer when I try to play or record cd+g

gcriche
April 9th, 2001, 04:48 PM
I have a sony CD-RW CRX145E and 384 megs of 133 sdram.
I can copy audio cd tracks and save them to the hard drive, and import to khp.

I can import my lyrics and syncronize...and I can play the finished cdg song from my cdg file on my hard drive...but when it comes to burning a copy, everything freezes and the only option is to turn off the computer...the same thing happens everytime. It does the same thing when I try to play a cd+g.

With one of the songs I created, I successfully copied my cd+g file from the hard drive to a CD-RW disc and loaded it onto another computer into my cdrwin program and burned the disc. It turned out fine. I have checked my aspi driver and it is 4.6....I'm just getting a little frustrated...can anyone help?

admin
April 9th, 2001, 05:23 PM
I am having a bit of trouble understanding your post. It discusses Karaoke Home Producer, and apparently Microstudio also. It appears that KHPro is working fine as you can import, synchronize, export and the created file can be written to a CDG disc on another system.

Have you done or verified all the Microstudio Thread suggestions in the
http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26&daysprune=100 Forum? That is the first place to start to diagnose a Microstudio/CDR drive problem.

Are you running Microstudio 2.200?

Can you take a karaoke cdg disc and make a duplicate in the Duplicate Disc Tab, or read in individual tracks using the Custom Assembly Tab and then play them?

Check your video card especially. There have been several problems directly related to this card and the Windows settigs for it. You can run a "Search" on "video card" or "display card" in the Microstudio Open Forum to see some of the posts made in answer to these problems. Open and read each Thread that appears for the search and try the suggestions.

gcriche
April 9th, 2001, 11:35 PM
I am running Microstudio 2.200. I can't duplicate any disc
audio or cdg by using the Duplicate disc tab. I tried duplicating an audio cd today and it looked as if was going to work until it got to writing the cd..the box would come up saying "recording pre-gap" and then the computer would freeze up...I would have to reboot the computer.
Microstudio will not play audio cd's or cdg's. I hit the refresh button to get the tracks and the tracks show up but when I choose a track to play and hit the play button, the screen goes black and nothing happens. So I have to reboot the computer again. I can, however, play audio and cdg files from the hard drive!
I can read audio cd's under the Custom Assembly Tab, as I have copied audio files and saved them to the songlist. Using KHPro I was able to make cdg files. By copying my cdg files from the hard drive to a cd-rw, as stated in my original thread, I was able to load them to my other computer and create a disc using my cdrwin program.
My video card is creative labs SoundBlaster Value.

admin
April 10th, 2001, 11:19 AM
MTUSUPPORT is on vacation until Friday this week. Bryan might have some other ideas for you to try.

The fact you can't use Microstudio to duplicate tells me there is something wrong with the CDR setup. You have the right ASPI, but.....?

What is the other CD-RW you are using with cdrwin? If you could swap these 2 drives to see if the problem follows the CDR drive, that would help us isolate the drive. Or... you could install cdrwin on the system with Microstudio and try to use cdrwin to write to the Sony drive that is in question.

Are you sure you have the "Auto-isert notify" disabled for the Sony CDR on the computer with Microstudio?

gcriche
April 11th, 2001, 03:46 PM
MY OTHER DRIVE IN MY OTHER COMPUTER IS A PLEXTOR 8X2X20 SCSI
IN ORDER TO SWAP DRIVES AS YOU SUGGEST I WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE SCSI CARDS AND REINSTALL AND PERHAPS, IN THE PROCESS, SCREW UP WHAT IS WORKING ON MY OTHER COMPUTER.

MTUSUPPORT
April 20th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Please do the following:

1) Go to the Start Menu
2) Go to Settings\ Control Panel
3) Go to Add/Remove Programs

Check to see if you have the following program loaded "Adaptec Direct CD". If this program is installed then follow the steps located at http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=334 to remove it. This program is known to cause problems with our software.