PDA

View Full Version : Wavelab Update...

geezer
July 1st, 2004, 02:54 PM
For those interested in the parallel universe of software I've been living in: Wavelab, the software which I have designated as my modern alternative to MicroEditor, has come out with a major upgrade (V 5) that includes full support for 8 channel I/O and full support for authoring in the DVD-A format (high resolution, uncompressed stereo (up to 24bit/192) or surround (16bit/96k or 24bit/48k) with text and video additions).

This 8 channel multitrack I/O was on the list of asked for and "in-development" features in the heady days of 1996, so I am happy to see a program on the market that works well and fills these needs.

I continue, as I have time to give it a workout, to feel good about Wavelab's flexibility, power and speed. The Audio Montage area of the program continues to allow me to work in a very similar fashion to Microeditor. I have, for instance, finally switched over to Wavelab (on a laptop) for live CD production for the Capitol Steps broadcasts I do every 3 months....I had originally inaugurated MicroCD on this production and written about it in Radio World in, again, 1996, if I remember correctly.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I actually burn a DVD-A, but I will report back in as I use this new version of the software.....Folks should feel free to e-mail me outside the forum if there are questions.