PDA

View Full Version : New User

FrankK
June 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM
Need some help. First time using Home Producer. I want to bring the lyrics in from a karaoke CD, and write the song back out eliminating the long header and trailer info on the original. My wife and I do shows and need to have the songs continuous without the dead air time between songs (especially with Music Maestro). Can this be done, and if so how? I didn't see anything in the manual, though it did say you could retime the words on disks that were not so from the factory. Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

FrankK

jimbo
June 22nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
First, you won't be able to pull the lyrics off the CD. The easiest way is to find the lyrics on the internet and re-tap them yourself.

Second, in some cases, there will be silence at the beginning or end of a song, depending where the lyrics actually start. It takes at least 2.8 seconds for the CDG into screen to appear on a song. If the lyrics start right away, you will have at least that much silence. If you're able to cut out the intro graphics screen and credit screen that could help. If your song has a four bar intro, usually this is enough time and the music can start right away. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in some cases you will have silence, others not.

I suggest practice tapping some songs and you'll be able to see what you will be able to do.

Good luck.

Jim

FrankK
June 22nd, 2004, 12:33 PM
:) Jim,

Thanks for your help. You've saved me hours.

Frank