PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Foreign Language Disks?

kevinjanet
June 15th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Occasionally I get an International crowd at my shows. I would like to have a few foreign language disks (japanese, Spanish, Italian, etc) for them to sing. However since I don't know these languages I am not sure what songs to buy. Can anyone reccomend some disks/songs that would be popular with foreigners?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Hall
Halls of Magic Entertainment

jaddams
June 15th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Kevinjanet
Occasionally I get an International crowd at my shows. I would like to have a few foreign language disks (Japanese, Spanish, Italian, etc) for them to sing. However since I don't know these languages I am not sure what songs to buy.
I don’t think one has to know any foreign language to buy good Karaoke CD+G. Music, being universal, is enjoyed all over the world. Just listen to the classics.

I buy my CD+Gs based on the musical arrangements and orchestrations. :)

Regards,

Jon

jahern
June 15th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Wherever I go, whether it be places to sing or places to buy discs, the standard for spanish seems to be the AVF series. This series has grown to more than 60 discs. The discs don't have a lot of selections to them.

A good supplemental series, and something I might recommend for you would be Multikaraoke (still not a lot of selections per disc, but the arrangements sound more authentic) Both series are keeping up with the times to the best of my knowledge.

Sound Choice has a lot of good spanish stuff.

Karaoke Box is a series that is growing.

kevinjanet
June 15th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your responses.! To clarify what I am getting at let me turn the question around.
If a KJ from Russia asked what sort of English songs he should buy for the occasional American tourists that show up I would probably tell him something like: (based on my midwest customers tastes)

Love Shack
Baby Got Back
I will survive
Girls just want to have fun
Sweet Caroline
Piano Man
Summer nights
You're lost that lovin feeling
Mack the Knife
Etc.

I am assuming that there would be similar favorites from other cultures. I am going to check out the of the spanish disks you mention but I still don't know which songs might be the best ones to get. Any ideas for specific songs? If I can purchase even a few classically popular Japanese, Italian, Spanish etc songs I'd be happy!