PDA

View Full Version : em-space

is14fun
May 23rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
I need some clarifacation of exactly what makes blank spaces.
I read to use em-space characters. How do you make em-space characters? Would I use them to center the countdown (5-4-3-2-1) on the screen?
I am also having trouble placing lyrics(4 lines per page) so when the last word on line 3 has a short pause after it (before you tap the next words on line 4) the program leaves line 4 and scrolls in new lines 1 thru 3. This confuses the singer because the next line to be highlighted is line number 4 (at the bottom) and the screen showes lines 1 through 4. I tried using ^ after the long pause word but this is a hit and miss situation. After trying it and tapping in the song, I get to the another part and find I have the same problem at different spot. What would be the best solution that would give the highest chance of getting it right the first time? To start a new page, must the ^ be placed on a new line or can I just put it after the last word where I want the new page to start?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

George
May 23rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Em spaces are created by holding down on the ALT key while typing 0160, then release the ALT key. This joins letters or entire words together to be swept as one.

This is handy not only in countdowns as you illustrate, but very helpful for joining words in a fast tempo song.

Page breaks are made by typing ^ and should be on a line of their own in the text set up.

To stop sweeping a word anywhere just before a pause in the singing, simply tap the CTRL key at the time you wish to stop the sweep on a word. After the pause, resume sweeping with the next word by tapping the space bar.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

George

is14fun
May 23rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks again, George for you response. Is the em-space feature unique to KHP because when I tried it in Wordpad nothing appeared to happen. I was going to try to copy and paste it but nothing seemed to happen so I had nothing to copy. I pressed alt & 0160 and released alt. Did I do something wrong? I want spaces between my countdown indicator that don't show. How do I do that?

George
May 23rd, 2004, 08:09 PM
My fault. I forgot to mention you type the 0160 from the numerical keypad while holding the ALT key down , not the numerals across the top of the keyboard. After you've typed the 0160 and let go of the ALT key, you'll see the cursor move over one space, in place for the next entry.

It should work with either Notepad or Wordpad, whichever you prefer.Sorry again for the oversight.

The_ has always shown up here, even after saving and exporting the file to cdg, so I don't ever use it. It would be a lot simplewr than the em space. Might bear some looking into with MTU if they get Beta testing any other changes down the road.

George.