PDA

View Full Version : Windows ME no sysedit need to do this so i can install software

MrMark
March 26th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Ok Lets try this again, I have Windows Me as my operating system. When I typed sysedit in the run box it comes up saying file can not be found. I then called tech support for my computer. They tell me that Windows Me doesn't have a sysedit. They tell me to go to msnconfig and hit the system.ini tab. I do this and went down to VACHE tab and double clicked it. Nothing was there, i was able to get a prompt to type but didnt attemp to being as screwed up ME is I thought I'd might crash it. So now I am wondering how i am suppose to change the seetings in the VCACHE? How do I type the minfilecache and maxfilecache and add their values aswell as getting the [MSNP32]in there??

swoomer
March 29th, 2001, 01:09 PM
I have recently installed Microstudio on my sustem which also came with Windows ME installed. Obviously, I ran into the same problem with the sysedit thing. If I remember correctly (did this with the demo version of Microstudio a couple weeks prior), I just typed in "edit config.sys" and changed the recommended values. My system has been working well, with an occasional glitch. Have burned lots of discs successfully, but crash sometimes trying to play from CDG. Gonna post a separate request for help on this issue. Hope the above works for you (if it's even necessary?!)

MTUSUPPORT
April 2nd, 2001, 01:13 PM
MrMark,
There should be a button that says edit when you are in msconfig, make sure that you are only on the [VCACHE] section. If you enter these into any other section, you will mess the computer up.

There are no changes to be made to a section called [MSNP32].

Thanks,