PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crash

RLJackson
May 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I experienced a computer crash due to operator error (myself) anyway, I need to transfer my downloaded music from my External hard drive back to my hoster. I seen on the form where you can drag and drop But,Don't quite understand how it is done. When I search the hard drive I can find the music but ,I was wondering If when I found them in the search can I Go to edit /select all and move all of them at the same time. If so where do I send It to? cause as it stands now Ive got nothing in the hoster program Please Help !!
Thanks
Bob Jackson

gduns - with the Lord
May 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
If you use the external to run the show from, just rebuild database, and tell hoster where the files are. it will build from there.

If you are keeping your files on the internal harddrive, make you a folder on ther called "karaoke".

Go to the external harddrive and select all the karaoke files you want to copy. then paste them into the new directory. then you will have to do run database rebuild and tell it to go to that folder for those files.

admin
May 19th, 2004, 10:04 AM
gduns is correct. The Tools menu, Build Songs Database command dialog box allows you to find and select your external hard drive where your KMA files are stored. Then, click the Build Songs Database button at the bottom and it will regenerate the Songs Database you need to locate and play your songs.

RLJackson
May 24th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Gduns,Brian
I copied the files & pasted the copied files to the hoster program, Also I tried going to the Build Songs Database and several other things.But can't seem to be able to re-gain the files. After doing all this I go to Play list, I have nothing No Book Id's ,No song titles or no artist. they are just empty boxes. I am getting rather discoraged I posted this in Febuary & here it is May and still haven't resolved this problem.I've Tried to call tech support to try and have them walk me through this but, Keep getting I'm eather away from the phone or on the phone. I guess I'll Keep trying:? :f

S. Parks
May 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM
It is very important to check the path, and select the proper location of the files to build the data base from. Once this is correct, Hoster should do this for you no problem. If it is not working, this is more than likely the culprit. Hope this helps.

admin
May 25th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Use Windows Explorer to find where you have saved your .kma files. If they are not where you want them to be, (we suggest D drive in a Songs or Songlist folder), them move them.

Next, read the Hoster manual on rebuilding the database. It gives you all the steps to do this.

If you don't have Hoster 2.127, click here to download the manual (http://www.mtu.com/support/manuals/hosterman.exe).

RLJackson
May 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
nreel,
Helped me solve this problem and to this I give many, many Thanks!!!!!!!!!! So, I'm up and running again.