PDA

View Full Version : Converting files

soherman
May 12th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hello from Norway.
I am just starting with Hoster. I`ve got some old laserdisks and I Would like to covert into Hoster . Can you give me a date when You release software to convert fils ?:?

MTUSUPPORT
May 12th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I would say there is no real way to convert these Large Laser Discs into a computer format. There are no drives for a computer that can read these discs, thus there is no way to digitally get them into the system.

I am sorry to inform you of this, but if anyone else knows a way, please let us know.

S. Parks
May 24th, 2004, 04:02 PM
someday, they say Hoster will support VCD, and DVD. When it does, you could use an audio/vidoe bridge to import the signal coming out of your laser player to one of these supported formats, then, import into Hoster. This you can do right now, but hoster does not yet support the formats. I think the current plans is to support playback, not import though.

admin
May 25th, 2004, 08:45 AM
If you play a Laser Disc song and record it using an analog input on the computer, you can capture the music as a .wav audio file. Make sure you are recording STEREO @ 44.1KHz sample rate, which is REQUIRED for Karaoke CDG work.

You may want to edit any silence at the start or end before using these .wav files.

Then, use our Karaoke Home Producer to add the lyrics back in sync to the .wav music file, and export it as a .cdg file.

Then, use our Microstudio to write your .cdg files to a CDG Karaoke disc. You can then play these, or import them into Hoster as KMA files to play within Hoster. We will be adding an "Import CDG Songs" feature to use .cdg files already on the hard drive, but it is not there right now. This technique will work today for you. :w

songpony
August 14th, 2004, 12:38 AM
It's my understanding that Laser, DVD and VCD files can be imported to a computer using a video recording device connected to the output of a standard karaoke player. The device I'm looking at can import the songs in an mpeg-1 (?) format (2 different formats - one that's a VCD format and one that's DVD), or DivX (a more compressed format?). The audio and video is supposedly already sync'd up and the files can be played via WMP or something similar - no additional work needs to be done on them. Is there any way to convert these types of files to the .kma format required by Hoster, or is the only option to purchase yet more software that will convert them to CDG, burn them to many CDs that will never be used again, then load them to Hoster? I was thinking this would be a great solution to get my lasers, DVDs, VCDs, and even my multiplexed disks onto the computer (I can play them with the vocals turned off) so I can run everything from there (I'm tired of dragging around a player and all its accoutrements), but would REALLY like to be able to play it all in Hoster - having to use another program will probably introduce additional problems (I've heard much about audio dropouts, etc.) and defeats the ability for me to have my rotation easily lined up in Hoster. Having to switch to another program, locate and call up the file, then play it (probably having to drag the window to the second display as well) is probably as much "overhead" as just playing the disk. Just wondered if there are any Hoster options.... Thanks.

mlepine
August 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM
What I would do:

Using a software call Pinnacle Studio 8 or 9, I would capture both the video & audio of the entire laser disk (max 2 hres) and I would than create chapters which would be the tracks! After, all you need to do is burn on a DVD.

This way you would keep the same audio & video quality as the original laser disk and it will be possible to play in the new Hoster!!

hope this help?

PS-To import such a big file you will need SPACE in your drive like minimum 20 gig for your project and in a NTFS not FAT32 because of it's limitation (4 gig). After, just delete the file.